Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
07-16-2013, 10:14 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Here are some scans from The Darkroom, basic resolution for the US$10 fee:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/film-processing-scanning-darkroom/221772-...ml#post2433502

07-16-2013, 10:19 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Aristophanes Quote
Here are some scans from The Darkroom, basic resolution for the US$10 fee:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/film-processing-scanning-darkroom/221772-...ml#post2433502
Those look very good! I think you guys have sold me on the lower res scans. They should be plenty unless I find a particular shot I want to print larger or something. I guess with digital, sometimes I get so used to "pixel peeping" that I'm constantly wanting to blow the photos up to full size just for fun. But really, there's no need to.
07-16-2013, 01:39 PM   #18
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
to see if new seals or a CLA is in order. I
Better to simply do test the seals and mirror foam yourself. The easiest way is to take a toothpick and press it into the light trap grooves on the back of the body (film door open). If it does not feel springy or if it feels gooey or if chunks of dust/crud fall out, it is time to redo the seals. The same goes for the mirror damper foam at the front of the focus screen in the mirror box (lens off).

After having said that piece, your seals are likely to be in good condition. KEH generally does a full check on everything they sell before it goes out the door.

Steve
07-18-2013, 10:36 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I can also give The Darkroom a thumbs up. I like to make 5x7 or 8x10 for my "keepers" - the good pictures. For the fun of it I had The Darkroom make a few 11x14 size pictures - they came out excellent. There is a company (?) Blue Moon that still makes optical prints from film. I want to try them as well to see what differences I can find.

07-18-2013, 12:52 PM   #20
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Eagle94VT Quote
There is a company (?) Blue Moon that still makes optical prints from film
Blue Moon Camera and Machine is about 3 miles from where I am sitting. I use them for C41 (color negative) processing and they do an excellent job. I have never used them for prints, though I expect they probably do a good job.

Blue Moon Camera and Machine | Cameras, Typewriters, and Film Processing | Portland, Oregon, USA

They don't promote optical enlargements on any of their Web pages. You have to download the price sheet (pdf).

Steve