Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-03-2008, 03:32 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jgredline Quote
I know what you mean. I am the same way...I love going on hunts by myself...How ever, I have met a few friends online and have hooked up with great results because most of us understand that waiting an hour for the right light is not un-normal....Just yesterday, I sat at a pond for nearly three hours to capture a good shot of ducks off the water...At the end of the day, I did not like the shots I took, but still enjoyed my time there waiting so I lost nothing..

A fun thread, and good shots.
I agree; when taking pictures, I prefer to have the time. Many times, I just spilt and have an evening to myself, to walk around taking pictures.
Or when on a vacation, scout out the place when cruising around with the family, and then come back on my own and have time to indulge in a scene, and see how I can grab it the best with my camera.

05-06-2009, 01:26 PM   #32
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Javier,

Try playing with some red and yellow filters etc. when you shoot b&w film.
05-06-2009, 01:35 PM   #33
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
Javier,

Try playing with some red and yellow filters etc. when you shoot b&w film.
Thank you. I have found that I love the red filter for most everything but people. For people, the yellow seems to work better. Have you seen the same?
05-06-2009, 04:06 PM   #34
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jgredline Quote
Thank you. I have found that I love the red filter for most everything but people. For people, the yellow seems to work better. Have you seen the same?
I agree with you. I also like a No. 15 yellow on portraits and people and sometimes a No. 58 green. For example, a blonde model with red lipstick can come out interesting with the No 58 where as I like the No. 15 on dark hair and complexion with red lipstick.

For combination of landscape and architecture a No. 25 red filter can give good cloud contrast with sky and nice effect on old buildings and rusty bridges etc.

I like the No 8 yellow on pics with a lot of foliage. I need to get around to scanning some of my old b&w negatives.

Edit: Blue filters such as the No. 47 blue can get some interesting effects with the eyes, especially if the model has blue eyes or green eyes. If I had to pick only one filter for B & W film, it would be the No. 8 yellow.

Last edited by Blue; 05-06-2009 at 04:14 PM.
05-06-2009, 04:43 PM   #35
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
I need to get around to scanning some of my old b&w negatives.
I would very much love to see them