Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-28-2009, 07:06 AM   #46
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jgredline Quote
Funny you mention this. I have had an eye on a couple on ebay. Just don't know what to do about film and processing. I figure it would make a great street shooting set up because it is small and the lenses are perfect, especially that 24mm lens I see for this.
There is a complete Auto 110 kit on the San Diego Craigslist for $30 bucks. Or at least there was yesterday...

05-28-2009, 07:38 AM   #47
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
KX for me!
Wow - KX to the front!! Never knew there were so many around.
05-28-2009, 08:14 AM   #48
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by KungPOW Quote
Javier,

Same here. The 110 is such a neat camera, but where to get film? I expect I could develope it myself.

Blue,

Where do you get your film?
Up until about 2 months ago, I was getting the Kodak 400 at WalMart. Now I am having to order it. I just got 5 rolls of Kodak from someone in TX and put it in the freezer. There are 2 sources I have to order it.

Used and New Cameras and Equipment for Sale: Blue Moon Camera Inventory

They have the Italian film in 200 speed.

The other source is the Frugal Photographer.

110 Pocket Instamatic film in the Frugal Photographer catalog

I get it developed at Dewayne's in Kansas or Blue Moon in Oregon.
05-28-2009, 08:21 AM   #49
Site Supporter

Funny you mention this. I have had an eye on a couple on ebay. Just don't know what to do about film and processing. I figure it would make a great street shooting set up because it is small and the lenses are perfect, especially that 24mm lens I see for this.

My first camera was a 110. I started out in junior high with it and used it up until I switched to a k1000. I didn't use the 110 for over 20 years until I got it back out last fall. I thought every thing was o.k. getting film but then WalMart and WalGreens stopped carrying the film which were the only local sources for me. See the post above on mail order sources and developing. One of the lenses that go with these cameras is the 70mm and it is built like a limited!

Unfortunately, these cameras should now be considered a novelty and collectible. It is too bad since they are a great miniature slr. There are people that reload the cartridges with 16mm film or rip film for them. That will probable be the only way to use these within a year or 2.

QuoteOriginally posted by Rustyoldbug Quote
There is a complete Auto 110 kit on the San Diego Craigslist for $30 bucks. Or at least there was yesterday...
That's a good price on a complete kit.

05-28-2009, 08:34 AM   #50
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rustyoldbug Quote
Hey Thank you. If you can PM the add, I will attempt to get it if still available. I will drive down tomorrow. It will be a good excuse to miss work
05-28-2009, 08:43 AM   #51
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
My first camera was a 110. I started out in junior high with it and used it up until I switched to a k1000. I didn't use the 110 for over 20 years until I got it back out last fall. I thought every thing was o.k. getting film but then WalMart and WalGreens stopped carrying the film which were the only local sources for me. See the post above on mail order sources and developing. One of the lenses that go with these cameras is the 70mm and it is built like a limited!
Yep, I used one (not an slr) through jr high and high school as well. Heck, who didn't have one?
Here are a couple of old photos with my 110.
My wife in JR high. Yes, we have been together since JR high and is the only girl I have ever known and been with. Strange? Today I guess it is.

Here we are going to her senior prom in high school.

Here we are again in 1995 in Las Vegas. She was 6 months pregnant with Elizabeth

So I have some great memories captured with an old Kodak 110
05-28-2009, 09:40 AM   #52
Forum Member

I have many Pentax cameras; Spotmatic, Spotmatic F, KX, KM, ME, ME Super, MG, MX, Super Program Program Plus, SF-1n, ZX-10 and a ZX-5n and a few Konicas and Ricohs. I picked up a lot of these at garage and estate sales. But my favorites of all are the (I can see the virtual bricks being thrown at me...) are the P3, P3n and P5.

Sure, they don't get the love many other models get but what I like about this line is how they feel in my hands. They are smaller than the older Pentax cameras, larger than the M series, and they weigh in between all of them. Kind of like Goldilockis finding the right bed, these cameras feel "just right" in my hands.

05-28-2009, 11:08 AM   #53
Site Supporter

Not strange at all. The viewfinder camera's were the real limitation with the 110 film. The Pentax and Minolta slr cameras pushed the 16mm to its limits. Some people mis-judge the film based on some of the viewfinder cameras. Some of the viewfinder cameras were pretty good as well. I like the first 2 images. I don't think anyone would know they were done on 110.

Yep, I used one (not an slr) through jr high and high school as well. Heck, who didn't have one?
Here are a couple of old photos with my 110.
My wife in JR high. Yes, we have been together since JR high and is the only girl I have ever known and been with. Strange? Today I guess it is.

Here we are going to her senior prom in high school.

Here we are again in 1995 in Las Vegas. She was 6 months pregnant with Elizabeth

So I have some great memories captured with an old Kodak 110
05-28-2009, 08:38 PM   #54
Pentaxian

I like my '68 (year I bought it new) Pentax S1a and '75 (year I bought it new) '75 Pentax ES II.

Both screw mount M42's.

I think the most elegant Pentax...has to be the black bodied ES ll....but then I have a copy.
05-29-2009, 07:40 AM   #55
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I think it would be my KX. I like the ME Super and Super Program, but somehow the KX always exerts a strange mastery over my affections.
05-29-2009, 08:05 AM   #56
Veteran Member

"KX - the fungus of Pentax cameras - it'll grow on ya."
05-29-2009, 08:15 AM   #57
Veteran Member

This is a hard question, as I use different cameras for different purposes.

The LX has the best light meter on planet earth, while the ME Super has the brightest viewfinder. The ZX series can run on AA batteries with the battery pack FG, and the Spotties can fire the shutter without batteries.

Yes, it's a hard question to answer. Probably explains why I have 20+ film bodies.
05-29-2009, 08:59 AM   #58
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Quit with the KX talk will ya!

I really would like to get a good, clean KX, but you guys are driving the cost up and the availability down!

Steve

(Too many cameras, but will make room for a good KX...)
05-29-2009, 09:18 AM   #59
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
I really would like to get a good, clean KX, but you guys are driving the cost up and the availability down!

Steve

(Too many cameras, but will make room for a good KX...)
I was thinking the very same thing.
05-29-2009, 02:54 PM   #60
Pentaxian

Some of my favourite Pentax film cameras...I wished I had bought new, but never did: (In no particular order).
  • LX
  • KX
  • MX
  • K2
  • K2DMD

All black bodied....if they came black bodied. No chrome bodies need apply...

No offense mean't but I never did care much for looks of the '90's Pentax film slr's.