Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
10-10-2013, 08:41 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Unless there is something wrong with the Pentax M 40mm f2.8 pancake lens example you have, it is a very good performer. As with all the prime Pentax lenses I have tested, the lens is not going to be the limiting factor in your system.
If you factor in that it is the smallest - particularly intended for the M series, then it is the best!

10-11-2013, 05:24 PM   #17
Veteran Member

The Ultron all the way. I just got it about a month ago and it's brilliant. A 43 would be sweet but I couldn't be happier with the Voigtlander. Very impressed. Plus, I love pairing it on my film body and my 58mm Nokton on digital. Almost the same equivalent FL so it's super fun to switch between them.

As the kids say, Voigtlander ftw! (for the win)
12-19-2013, 05:44 PM   #18
JFN
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Skullsroad Quote
@jimr-pdx - Yeah, the lack of aperture control on the DA Limited is a no go. Although I did test it on a ZX-5n and liked the results.

@DAP - Yeah, I've tried to like 35mm. I can use it but something always feels...off. 35s tend to be quite a bit larger as well. Also, the lack of focus dampening does concern me with the 43. I have a FA 50 1.4 and I really don't like how it turns with no resistance.

The Voigtlander seems to be uncommon and I hope someone chimes in with experience.

I'm planning on locking away all my other cameras (close to 20 now) and using the MX with a nice 40 for as long as possible...maybe a year...hopefully...maybe. The only other camera that I'd choose over the MX is my OM2n.
I've now used the Voigtlander Ultron 40mm f2 for about a year, and I love it! Shooting film, and couldn't be more happy with a lens!! Though as I'm jumping ship and going to Nikon instead (I need that FF digital!) I'm selling all my Pentax gear, and this one too, but this one I will for sure get again in Nikon mount ….

Too bad there's no FF Pentax, but I'm sure it's a REALLY nice 60mm for them APS-C bodies too!