Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-09-2013, 09:21 AM   #1

Problem with ME Super shutter (everlasting Bulb mode?)

Hi all,

I dusted out my old ME Super camera yesterday. It is as beautiful as ever, but it has a problem. The light meter is working well, but when I press the shutter it doesn't close automatically. It is as if it were in Bulb mode, where the shutter remains open for as long as I am pressing it. I've tried changing the shutter speeds on manual mode, but no changes. I changed the batteries and the problem persists.

Does anyone know how I can fix this? I am not that attached to the camera, but I'd rather not spend a lot of money fixing it.

Thank you!

11-09-2013, 10:56 AM   #2

Original Poster
I've also noticed that when I cock the lever both curtains in the back open (the first one when moving the lever moves up, the second one when I let it go moves down). I looked on Youtube to see this is normal, and apparently it is not. The first one should open but the second one should only open when the shutter button is pressed.

Maybe it's got something to do with my original problem?