Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-30-2013, 07:51 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Super Program Rewind Funky

Hello...

I have an excellent condition Super Program that I sent off to Eric for a CLA. I also sent a donor body and he ended up using it. Long story short I got back a good camera.

I have probably shot 3-4 rolls through it since then but recently found a problem and I was wondering if it might be something easy or just something Eric overlooked. I am trying to avoid sending it back to him for expense etc. I already have way more into the camera than I should...

Basically running forward works fine (taking shots) but at the end of the roll I push the button on the bottom for a rewind and it will go maybe one frame and stop. I end up having to hold it down the entire time I rewind. This last time it didn't even seem like it was rewinding but it did. I just developed the roll after removing the film in a dark bag everything came out fine.

Any ideas? I really can't put any more money into this guy. I have another body (LX) so I can still shoot, fixing the Super Program isn't critical or anything.

Thanks,

Jamey

11-30-2013, 08:25 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
With all my Pentax bodies back to the AP - or for that matter all my camera bodies that have this release system, pushing the button in allows complete rewind of the film and the button is only released when the shutter is advanced. I am not sure if this is part of a CLA but I am confident if this is something Eric overlooked that he will make it right.
12-03-2013, 07:45 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I have experienced that with a Super Program, considered it a minor nuisance and not really an issue since like you said you can just hold the button, I just held the body in my left hand with my pointer on the button and rewound with the right hand. I am pretty sure my current SP works normally though. Unless I am mixing my cameras up a Super Program makes a couple clicks as you finish rewinding as the film clears the rewind spool, and then the tension pretty obviously disappears as the film clears the back and goes into the roll.
Worth sending Eric an email about though at least.
12-04-2013, 05:44 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
This was the advice from Eric:

"Try this first. When you reach the end of the roll of film push in the rewind button and hold it while you advance the lever and fully cock the shutter. Then the rewind should stay in."

Going to try it and see how it goes!

12-04-2013, 03:29 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
And the verdict is... WIN!

So if anyone is having this problem on a Super Program it is now recorded here for eternity.

Thanks Eric!