Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-21-2013, 09:56 PM   #31
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Today I finally got the ME Super, I was actually starting to get worried; the ebay seller never notified me of shipment, or sent me a tracking number, even after me repeatedly asking him. Then, I checked his seller history more closely (I should have done it before I bought the camera), and turns out, he's a really dishonest seller and gets a lot of bad reviews. I guess I lucked out this time, because the ME Super is in great condition. I replaced the seals today, and it's pretty much in "like new" condition now. I'm going to keep the SMC M 50mm f/2 lens that came with it, because it's pretty stiff to focus for some reason and I don't want her to have to deal with that, so I'm going to let her have my SMC A 50mm f/2. I'm planning on getting myself a better 50mm for my K1000 anyway. I'm hoping she'll love it! It's a gamble, but dang, I kind of want one now for myself. It's such a cool camera.

12-22-2013, 04:44 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Glad it worked out. Have a great Christmas. K.
12-22-2013, 05:44 AM   #33

Great story, cool gift, superb camera!

I have several pentax slr's and the me super is one of my favorites (toghether with the mx)! They just feel right!
12-22-2013, 07:38 AM - 1 Like   #34
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Wow - I just found this thread. My second camera was an MESuper and I used it for 25 years. Actually used it to death - literally. It just isn't worth repairing again.

Your kind of gift-thinking (and the work you spent to make it work) is right up my alley. Now the key is to turn dates into photo expeditions; go to Walgreen's or Costco together to pick up your prints; take a class together (do they offer photography as an Art Class at your High School?).

She's a lucky girl. I hope she likes it. "Told 'ya" to your parents might be kinda fun, too.

12-22-2013, 04:43 PM   #35
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Wow - I just found this thread. My second camera was an MESuper and I used it for 25 years. Actually used it to death - literally. It just isn't worth repairing again.

Your kind of gift-thinking (and the work you spent to make it work) is right up my alley. Now the key is to turn dates into photo expeditions; go to Walgreen's or Costco together to pick up your prints; take a class together (do they offer photography as an Art Class at your High School?).

She's a lucky girl. I hope she likes it. "Told 'ya" to your parents might be kinda fun, too.
Thank you! Well, our high school does have a photo class... but it's rather mediocre at best. As in, kids running around taking pictures of their Starbucks coffee with their Canikon P&S's on full auto mode.... Now, if I could skip straight to Photo III, which is the advanced one, that would be nice. But, photo II is a prerequisite and it's no fun for me, since I already know what they've been teaching (I might be able to talk to the teacher about taking Photo III next year, since it'll be my senior year and I actually have three periods that I need to find something to fill). We don't have any Costcos around here, which frustrates me, but we do have a Walgreens, as well as a dedicated camera store with a lab that processes different film formats, and different film processes. I'm just wondering how she'll like it. In the wrapped box, I'm throwing in 2 rolls of Kodak Ektar Professional 100 film, and 2 rolls of cheap consumer film, as well as a chocolate sucker, and a manual for the camera.

Last edited by pentax_sam; 12-23-2013 at 10:50 PM.
12-23-2013, 10:53 PM   #36
Forum Member

Original Poster
Update: After messing with the ME Super for a while before wrapping it up, I decided that I loved the feel of an SLR that size... So I just bought a mint Pentax MX w/ M 50mm f/1.7 for $85. I've been wanting an MX for a while, but never really had gotten around to getting one.