Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-14-2013, 01:48 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Breaking In My Camera

Well, I just shot my first ten frames with my Pentax K1000SE. I took some winter landscape pictures. I'm hoping that they will turn out but I will not know until I finish the rest or the roll of film and get it processed. I've got fourteen more exposures left. I'm not sure when I will finish it. It might be awhile though. I'd like to get some more winter shots but I'm wanting it to warm up a little.

12-14-2013, 02:05 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by photographyguy74 Quote
... I will not know until I finish the rest or the roll of film and get it processed.
Definitely the cure for chimping!
I've an ME 'SE', love the leather wrap.
12-14-2013, 02:08 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Good on ya! My first SLR was a K1000, and I've owned 3 over the last 30 years. The lack of automatic anything on the K1000 means you learn to pay attention to everything before you press the shutter, and that will make you a better photographer.
12-14-2013, 02:10 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
That's true. I don't have any experience shooting film so I am trying to learn. I probably didn't take as much time with my shots as I should have. That's one thing (regardless of whether I shoot digital or film) that I need to work on but my feet were really cold. I guess this first roll will be a learning experience.

12-14-2013, 06:15 PM   #5

QuoteOriginally posted by photographyguy74 Quote
Well, I just shot my first ten frames with my Pentax K1000SE. I took some winter landscape pictures. I'm hoping that they will turn out but I will not know until I finish the rest or the roll of film and get it processed. I've got fourteen more exposures left. I'm not sure when I will finish it. It might be awhile though. I'd like to get some more winter shots but I'm wanting it to warm up a little.
Sometimes I go a couple-three weeks before I finish a roll....

QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
Good on ya! My first SLR was a K1000, and I've owned 3 over the last 30 years. The lack of automatic anything on the K1000 means you learn to pay attention to everything before you press the shutter, and that will make you a better photographer.
And THAT is very true!