Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-04-2014, 08:26 AM   #1

K2 shutter on shoots at one speed (manual or auto)

Hi All,

All this talk about K's v M's has prompted me to revisit my K2. Unfortunately it only shoots at one speed irrespective of being set to auto or manual or whether there are batteries in the camera. I don't know which speed (feels like 1/60th or faster), the meter appears to reading roughly correctly in both modes. I will try fresh batteries but suspect it needs a repair (if this is still possible?) unless there's something simple anybody can suggest?

John.

01-04-2014, 08:55 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
When battery is dead, it only shoots at 1/125 which is the manual mechanical speed. If the meter reacts correctly then the batter may be fine but something else electronically is not working correctly. Eric's site lists the K2 but of course he is in the US -> Home
01-04-2014, 10:51 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Try two new batteries, then battery checks and select the 1 sec speed to make sure it works.
01-04-2014, 10:57 AM   #4
Lens Buying Addict

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Does the battery check lamp glow red when you press the black test button? If it remains dark the battery is dead - if it glows red the battery is good. There is a UK version of Eric at (I think) HarrowTech. There are posts about him here in the Film Forum. A quick post asking for his contact info should get a fast response.

01-04-2014, 12:57 PM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks all. The battery check lamp is intermittent (flickering red, dull red & bright red) but I think that's the check switch. I'll try some new batteries first. The needle sits at the top without a battery in the camera, is that normal?

Thanks Monochrome - I've got HarrowTech's details.

John.