Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-15-2014, 10:33 PM   #1

Question about K2 missing part.

Hello, I'm new to this site and to Pentax cameras. I started learning photography with DSLRs. I wanted to get into film so I recently purchased a Black body Pentax K2. I already love using it however I noticed it's missing the eyelet to connect the strap to. (It's part 0-A17 illustrated in the Service Manual on page 10/11)
My question is how difficult would it be to install new eyelets? I live in the Toronto area does anyone have any suggestions on where I could get the Eyelets installed?

01-15-2014, 11:15 PM   #2
dms
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Not the triangular ones--but fishing tackle stores carry round ones. They come in various diameters and thicknesses,They are used for keys, stc. so likely hardware stores. I believe Olympus used round ones.
01-15-2014, 11:47 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dms Quote
Not the triangular ones--but fishing tackle stores carry round ones. They come in various diameters and thicknesses,They are used for keys, stc. so likely hardware stores. I believe Olympus used round ones.
Thank you for your reply but the part I'm missing is the part the rings attach to on the camera body. I actually have the triangle rings and original strap but nothing to connected it to.
01-16-2014, 01:01 AM   #4
Pentaxian

You need a new strap lug. Installing a new strap lug will require disassembly of the camera body.
If seller will not resolve problem Eric Hendrickson can repair it: http://www.pentaxs.com

Chris