Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-21-2014, 07:01 PM   #1

Pentax ZX-5 Repair help and questions

i purchased this Zx-5 about a month and a half back with 7 rolls of film and a large zoom lense that doesn't even work on this camera !! This camera has some damages and changes first of the spring in the flash is broke so the flash does not work, the dial is missing from the shutter speed button and the original lens was replaced with a Sigma lens !! So my question is would it be hard to fix that dial ?? Also i wasted a few of the rolls by having it on the wrong setting what setting should i generally have it set on for normal photo taking i am an ametuaer photographer and ever now and then get a great shot many of my better film shots have come from my K-1000 Pentax camera which i like a lot but it is not as smooth as the first on i had !!

Attached Images

01-21-2014, 10:58 PM   #2
Veteran Member

The sigma lens is likely not an issue.
I seem to recall later on Pentax dealers would often provide an option to have a Sigma lens with the body at a lower cost than the equivalent Pentax lens.

As for the missing parts and incorrect settings, on teh green "P" it should be full auto, and expose correctly in most situations.
If it isn;t doing that, I would expect there's something wrong with the electronics/metering. Which, seeing the condition of the camera, is certainly not out of the question.
01-22-2014, 01:39 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks for getting back i believe i had the setting on the camera wrong the dial missing cause me to have to use a pin every time i want to change it from auto to the numbers which sucks !! Is it an easy fix to replace the dial button ?? thanks in advance
01-25-2014, 06:57 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I would suggest one of two things to fix the missing button: send it to Eric who will service the entire camera for a very reasonable price. The other option would be to find a cheap broken ZX for parts on eBay and switch out the dial yourself.

The flash would be a bit more tricky to repair, but I'd guess there are others who have replaced/realigned the spring.