Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
01-24-2014, 12:16 PM   #31
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JuanEstrada Quote
Thanks, I don't have a scanner but there are labs that digitize the negatives for cheap....
All you needs is your camera

How to Scan Film Negatives with a DSLR

For "higher" resolution you can take multiple pictures of the negative slide and merge them in PP.

This is interesting to watch as well:

Last edited by mrNewt; 01-24-2014 at 12:29 PM.
01-24-2014, 12:23 PM   #32
Giveaway winner!

Photos: Albums
came out really opaque and dull,
Could you show the negative that is from proof sheet 4633- frames from around #4 to #12, photograph it on a sheet of white paper.

set the shutter to 125 since the camera
Sorry... on the ME it is 100
01-24-2014, 10:28 PM   #33
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MysteryOnion Quote
Could you show the negative that is from proof sheet 4633- frames from around #4 to #12, photograph it on a sheet of white paper.

Sure, I will post them tomorrow!

Thank you all!
01-28-2014, 05:41 PM   #34
Forum Member

Original Poster

Hi again... So, I took the cam to a guy in my citys downtown, and he charged me about U$20 to fix the cam. He said that the light meter was reading more light than it was supposed to, so it let less light to enter... Also, he told me to use the cam only between 10 am and 4 pm because of color temperature.

I read the same source of light with a friends k1000 and they gave me the same diafrag, speed and iso.

I will attach these 2 pics of the negatives you asked for MysteryOnion!

Thank you all,

Last edited by JuanEstrada; 10-16-2015 at 11:38 PM.
01-29-2014, 07:55 AM - 1 Like   #35
Giveaway winner!

He said that the light meter was reading more light than...
That is unusual, but it is a good thing if he compensated it. When you get it back, make sure it is able to work at the extremes of the meter settings... see instruction manual for the limits of the meter. More than likely the meter was ill-adjusted by someone tinkering with it. Still, if it works for 50 to 800 iso/asa speeds... super good!
01-29-2014, 08:37 AM   #36
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The beauty of living in Bogota!

Hi again... So, I took the cam to a guy in my citys downtown, and he charged me about U$20 to fix the cam. He said that the light meter was reading more light than it was supposed to, so it let less light to enter... Also, he told me to use the cam only between 10 am and 4 pm because of color temperature.

I read the same source of light with a friends k1000 and they gave me the same diafrag, speed and iso.

I will attach these 2 pics of the negatives you asked for MysteryOnion!

Thank you all,
01-29-2014, 11:24 AM   #37
Giveaway winner!

Thanks... so...

... I was curious as to how dense the images were?

They are a little.

Pardon the cropping... and I hoped to have less reflections. It is interesting that the shapes could still be picked up.

So... from my long distance view... you do have good detail, the the variations of the shade were a bit tricky to define.

Underexposure...no... this is an overexposure and slightly it seems at least for these two frames.

Your other frames do look underexposed.

Last edited by MysteryOnion; 01-29-2014 at 11:30 AM.
01-29-2014, 05:12 PM   #38
Forum Member

Original Poster

Thanks... so...

... I was curious as to how dense the images were?

They are a little.

Pardon the cropping... and I hoped to have less reflections. It is interesting that the shapes could still be picked up.

So... from my long distance view... you do have good detail, the the variations of the shade were a bit tricky to define.

Underexposure...no... this is an overexposure and slightly it seems at least for these two frames.

Your other frames do look underexposed.
It is very dificult to take a picture of that 6 foot negative... I will try again. I really appreciate it.
01-29-2014, 08:14 PM   #39
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Juan,
look at a negative that looks right in the contact sheet, and then look at one that looks dull.
If the one that looks dull is "thin" i.e. more transparent then it is underexposure
If it looks thick i.e. more dense then it is overexposure

If I understand you correctly your camera was underexposing, i.e. the lightmeter was saying there was more light than what there really was.

It is very dificult to take a picture of that 6 foot negative... I will try again. I really appreciate it.