Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-30-2014, 02:52 PM   #1
Junior Member




Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: New Berlin, WI
Posts: 31
Ricoh XR-2s and lenses

I'm not sure which forum to post this, but will start here. I just found the following when cleaning out a relative's apartment:


- Ricoh XR-2s SLR
- Ricoh XR Winder-1
- XR Rikenon 1:2 50mm L lens
- Tamron CF Tele Macro 80-210 3.8-4.0 lens with Tamron adaptall 2 mount "for Pentax K.M."
- Tokina-Special Auto 135mm 1:2.8 lens
- Ricoh XR Speedlight 220


Questions:
1. Can these lenses be mounted and used on my K-5 II?
2. What should it cost to have the camera cleaned and lubed?
3. When I tried the shutter release, the mirror flipped up and is now stuck open. Does it just need a battery or is this indicative of a problem? Either way, I'll try to find a local shop (in Milwaukee area) to look at it.


Thanks in advance, and if there is a specific sub forum for this, I'll repost there.


Rich

01-30-2014, 03:09 PM   #2
Veteran Member
Nesster's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NJ USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 13,047
Manual: www.butkus.org/chinon/ricoh/xr-2s/xr-2s.htm‎

Oh, and I seem to have posted a review of this camera!
Ricoh XR-2 camera review 1979

The shutter does need batteries, though X and B should work mechanically


And yes, the lenses will work on the K-5 II, the way Pentax K M lenses do

Good luck and congrats!
01-30-2014, 03:10 PM   #3
Junior Member




Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: New Berlin, WI
Posts: 31
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
Manual: www.butkus.org/chinon/ricoh/xr-2s/xr-2s.htm‎

Oh, and I seem to have posted a review of this camera!
Ricoh XR-2 camera review 1979

The shutter does need batteries, though X and B should work mechanically


And yes, the lenses will work on the K-5 II, the way Pentax K M lenses do

Good luck and congrats!
Thanks - I found the manual and it will be invaluable! I'm really looking forward to using both the lenses and the camera.
01-31-2014, 04:04 PM   #4
Site Supporter
stevebrot's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver (USA)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 26,191
QuoteOriginally posted by Richjac Quote
Questions:
1. Can these lenses be mounted and used on my K-5 II?
2. What should it cost to have the camera cleaned and lubed?
3. When I tried the shutter release, the mirror flipped up and is now stuck open. Does it just need a battery or is this indicative of a problem? Either way, I'll try to find a local shop (in Milwaukee area) to look at it.
The mirror is probably stuck up due to a degraded (sticky) foam rubber bumper at the top of the mirror box. It is very likely that the foam light seals for the film compartment are also in bad shape. The mirror bumper and light seals are generally replaced as part of a routine CLA (Clean/Lube/Adjust).

You are going to like the XR-2s. I own one (and the power winder as well) and can attest that it is a sturdy and reliable camera and well worth using.


Steve

01-31-2014, 04:17 PM   #5
Junior Member




Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: New Berlin, WI
Posts: 31
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
The mirror is probably stuck up due to a degraded (sticky) foam rubber bumper at the top of the mirror box. It is very likely that the foam light seals for the film compartment are also in bad shape. The mirror bumper and light seals are generally replaced as part of a routine CLA (Clean/Lube/Adjust).

You are going to like the XR-2s. I own one (and the power winder as well) and can attest that it is a sturdy and reliable camera and well worth using.


Steve
The shutter released and mirror returned when I turned the shutter speed dial to the B position. I have purchased batteries and film and will give it a try, unless I can find a shop that can clean and adjust the camera for a reasonable price.
01-31-2014, 08:49 PM   #6
Site Supporter
stevebrot's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver (USA)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 26,191
QuoteOriginally posted by Richjac Quote
The shutter released and mirror returned when I turned the shutter speed dial to the B position. I have purchased batteries and film and will give it a try, unless I can find a shop that can clean and adjust the camera for a reasonable price.
I would expect that a CLA would be around $75 USD.


Steve
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
forum, lens, lenses, ricoh, ricoh xr-2s, tamron, xr, xr-2s
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ricoh XR-X (XR-M in North America) zhang_peak Pentax Film SLR Discussion 2 12-08-2013 08:59 PM
For Sale - Sold: Ricoh XR Rikenon 50 1.4 (non-Ricoh Pin) with Leather case. isb.deep Sold Items 4 05-19-2013 08:54 AM
Ricoh XR-2s discussion thread Lowell Goudge Pentax Compact Cameras 11 01-21-2013 10:08 AM
For Sale - Sold: FREE! Broken K-mount Ricoh XR-1 and Flash s4int Sold Items 5 06-29-2012 09:00 AM
For Sale - Sold: Ricoh XR-1 and Uncommon XR Rikenon lens: 35-70mm f/3.5 manual zoom Nick Siebers Sold Items 7 12-14-2011 01:13 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:18 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top