Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-30-2014, 02:52 PM   #1

Ricoh XR-2s and lenses

I'm not sure which forum to post this, but will start here. I just found the following when cleaning out a relative's apartment:

- Ricoh XR-2s SLR
- Ricoh XR Winder-1
- XR Rikenon 1:2 50mm L lens
- Tamron CF Tele Macro 80-210 3.8-4.0 lens with Tamron adaptall 2 mount "for Pentax K.M."
- Tokina-Special Auto 135mm 1:2.8 lens
- Ricoh XR Speedlight 220

Questions:
1. Can these lenses be mounted and used on my K-5 II?
2. What should it cost to have the camera cleaned and lubed?
3. When I tried the shutter release, the mirror flipped up and is now stuck open. Does it just need a battery or is this indicative of a problem? Either way, I'll try to find a local shop (in Milwaukee area) to look at it.

Thanks in advance, and if there is a specific sub forum for this, I'll repost there.

Rich

01-30-2014, 03:09 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Manual: www.butkus.org/chinon/ricoh/xr-2s/xr-2s.htm‎

Oh, and I seem to have posted a review of this camera!
Ricoh XR-2 camera review 1979

The shutter does need batteries, though X and B should work mechanically

And yes, the lenses will work on the K-5 II, the way Pentax K M lenses do

Good luck and congrats!
01-30-2014, 03:10 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
Manual: www.butkus.org/chinon/ricoh/xr-2s/xr-2s.htm‎

Oh, and I seem to have posted a review of this camera!
Ricoh XR-2 camera review 1979

The shutter does need batteries, though X and B should work mechanically

And yes, the lenses will work on the K-5 II, the way Pentax K M lenses do

Good luck and congrats!
Thanks - I found the manual and it will be invaluable! I'm really looking forward to using both the lenses and the camera.
01-31-2014, 04:04 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Richjac Quote
Questions:
1. Can these lenses be mounted and used on my K-5 II?
2. What should it cost to have the camera cleaned and lubed?
3. When I tried the shutter release, the mirror flipped up and is now stuck open. Does it just need a battery or is this indicative of a problem? Either way, I'll try to find a local shop (in Milwaukee area) to look at it.
The mirror is probably stuck up due to a degraded (sticky) foam rubber bumper at the top of the mirror box. It is very likely that the foam light seals for the film compartment are also in bad shape. The mirror bumper and light seals are generally replaced as part of a routine CLA (Clean/Lube/Adjust).

You are going to like the XR-2s. I own one (and the power winder as well) and can attest that it is a sturdy and reliable camera and well worth using.

Steve

01-31-2014, 04:17 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
The mirror is probably stuck up due to a degraded (sticky) foam rubber bumper at the top of the mirror box. It is very likely that the foam light seals for the film compartment are also in bad shape. The mirror bumper and light seals are generally replaced as part of a routine CLA (Clean/Lube/Adjust).

You are going to like the XR-2s. I own one (and the power winder as well) and can attest that it is a sturdy and reliable camera and well worth using.

Steve
The shutter released and mirror returned when I turned the shutter speed dial to the B position. I have purchased batteries and film and will give it a try, unless I can find a shop that can clean and adjust the camera for a reasonable price.
01-31-2014, 08:49 PM   #6
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Richjac Quote
The shutter released and mirror returned when I turned the shutter speed dial to the B position. I have purchased batteries and film and will give it a try, unless I can find a shop that can clean and adjust the camera for a reasonable price.
I would expect that a CLA would be around $75 USD.

Steve