Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-02-2014, 08:36 PM   #16
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
Sounds like a camera that should be sent to Eric.
Eric couldn't fix the issue. And that's fine by me because it's not mandatory for me.

02-03-2014, 08:46 AM   #17
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by LesDMess Quote
BTW, since the KX - as well as others, uses two of the 1.5V batteries, you can also use a single lithium CR 1/3N or 2L76 or DL 1/3N or equivalent...
+1

I have used the 3V lithium CR1/3N cell without incident in all my cameras that normally use two 1.5V 44/76/357 silver cells.

Chris
02-05-2014, 05:09 AM - 1 Like   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
John, I never experienced such behaviour with mine and I never paid attention to batteries type (SR or LR I dunno).
The needle always reacts very quickly.

What I know is that the KX is a wonderful camera, only the MX is comparable to it and although I use the MX a lot more because of weight, my cherish my KX a whole lot more. I concur with others: it is worth a CLA: don't even think about it, do it !
02-05-2014, 06:51 PM   #19

Original Poster
Thanks for all the replies, I've made a bit more progress. A new set of SR44's seem to have improved the metering slightly, it's still sluggish and fluctuates sometimes but it 'seems' more stable. After this I put some fresh LR44's in again and got similar results, so I can't conclude the SR44's have made a difference.

I've decided to get it CLA'd, although it might have to wait until my LX comes back.

John.

02-06-2014, 03:06 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I forgot.....make sure you get the camera "exercized" to get good measures
- Move the speeds dial back and forth a few times (to get rid of a possiblemicro layer of rust)
- Move the ASA scales back and forth a few times (to get rid of a possiblemicro layer of rust)
- Turn the meter on-off a few times (Just for fun)
- Shoot without film in the camera a couple hundred cycles in diffeent speeds