Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-13-2008, 06:49 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
"new" SF1

was given this camera with a Pentax af 35-70 zoom. Even has instruction book. Didn't really need another film camera (have several), but free is too hard to pass up. Usually use the LX. This camera is quite different. May have to read that IB. Camera and lens are in perfect shape. Camera even has JCII sticker on it. Time to shoot some slide film. Nothing beats free cameras!
thanks
barondla

04-13-2008, 07:23 AM   #2
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

cool, nice little treat when we all seem to blow a ton on stuff. Not a bad camera but a bit slow compared to the more modern units. The lens is a great and very under rated unit IMO. Decent close focus and sharp through the range, even wide open.
04-13-2008, 02:03 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I bought mine new

but did not buy an autofocus lens with it. I bought it for the winder. For mine, I also have a Pentax cold pack. It replaces the battery part of the grip with a connector that has a one meter long cord leading to a 4 AA battery case that can be put into the inside pocket to keep the batteries warm at 40 below.
04-15-2008, 05:44 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
The 35-70 does seem to be a nice lens. Have a very similar non af Pentax 35-70. Would not be surprised if its the same optical design.
Cold pack sounds interesting. Never been 40 below before. I might need a battery pack to keep me going ! Camera does use a battery not seen often anymore. Hope that isn't a problem in the future.
thanks
barondla

04-15-2008, 05:51 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
HA! Lucky.

Then again, I am even luckier than you are, but for a completely different reason which I shall not disclose.