Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-05-2014, 05:18 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
MX film transport problems

Hey there,

I got a couple film out of my MX which have been completely blank.
I expected this 'cos when a rewind them it was almost instantaneous which is of course a bad sign. But I dunno the reason, it seems it never advanced in the cam. Or maybe I pressed the button on the bottom plate inadvertently but with 3 films, it seems unlikely to me.

Is this an operating error or is CLA time here ?

Thanks for your input.

02-05-2014, 05:52 AM   #2
Pentaxian

1. Do you insert the film leader in between the magic needles at least 5mm or more?
  2. Do you verify that the rewind is turning as you advance the film?
Doing these ensures that the film is secured on the spool and advancing as intended.
02-05-2014, 06:11 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by LesDMess Quote
  1. Do you insert the film leader in between the magic needles at least 5mm or more?
  2. Do you verify that the rewind is turning as you advance the film?
Doing these ensures that the film is secured on the spool and advancing as intended.

1. Yep, sure, so do I in my SuperA
2. Yep, I'd say but obviously this is possible I didn't check this. Still, 3 times in a row the same mistake? I must have been on something

Thanks for bringing this, you often thinks you do it all correctly and then... maybe I was not: I know where to look for now.
02-05-2014, 06:15 AM   #4
Pentaxian

The final check of course is the film can no longer be advanced at the end . . .

I have a Nikon F3 and the flash mounts on the film rewind so I can't see it turn. When the film counter got past the end - and I was still able to advance it, I knew I had been shooting blanks all that time . . .

02-05-2014, 08:09 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by LesDMess Quote
The final check of course is the film can no longer be advanced at the end . . .

I have a Nikon F3 and the flash mounts on the film rewind so I can't see it turn. When the film counter got past the end - and I was still able to advance it, I knew I had been shooting blanks all that time . . .
Ouch! Indeed when you notice, you feel very miserable