Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-14-2008, 05:53 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
My Intriguing Mind Wants To Know...

OK - I can't find an answer to this anywhere, but what is up with the typical photographer self portrait... i.e. - an image of a photographer partially hidden behind his camera that you can only see in the reflection of a dirty, broken glass window in a wooden shack. Is there a story behind this? Why the coy hiding? Just curious...

-Brian

04-14-2008, 10:39 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by the_int21h Quote
OK - I can't find an answer to this anywhere, but what is up with the typical photographer self portrait... i.e. - an image of a photographer partially hidden behind his camera that you can only see in the reflection of a dirty, broken glass window in a wooden shack. Is there a story behind this? Why the coy hiding? Just curious...

-Brian
Hmmm. Good question. It is a bit harder to set up the camera and then stand where you focused, but with my K10D, I think it could be done using the Remote F set to enable focusing. I'll have to try that out.

With this forum, I get about a week's worth of things to try with each visit, so it might be a while before I get there ... I'm only half way, and I have to try some new to me software, check out another way to meter with my M lenses, and now try for a self portrait.