Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-15-2014, 03:29 PM   #1

Pentax ME

Hi guys,
I'm looking for a replacement little round cap that sits on top of the film advance lever on my Pentax ME.
Can anyone advise of a possible supplier?
Regards skibiker.

02-15-2014, 04:08 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by skibiker Quote
Hi guys,
I'm looking for a replacement little round cap that sits on top of the film advance lever on my Pentax ME.
Can anyone advise of a possible supplier?
Regards skibiker.
Keep your eyes online. $10 on the auction site right now for *just* the wind lever cap. You could find a broken ME for about that much and have even more extra parts.
02-16-2014, 11:17 PM   #3
Veteran Member

AS above, keep an eye on ebay, and op-shops for a broken ME

Or even a broken MX/MV/ME Super and whatever else Pentax had out around that time.
I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of them shared the same part.
03-14-2014, 05:46 PM   #4
JLW

I need the same part for my me se - I bought a for parts me on amazon for $15. Now I have to figure out how to get it to unscrew without damage. Having this camera makes me want to fix it but am sure its beyond repair-

03-15-2014, 03:37 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JLW Quote
I need the same part for my me se - I bought a for parts me on amazon for $15. Now I have to figure out how to get it to unscrew without damage. Having this camera makes me want to fix it but am sure its beyond repair-
Just remember that its got a left hand thread so you have to unscrew it clockwise. Sometimes you can undo it by putting on a rubber glove and using your thumb on the top of the cover to unscrew it.
03-15-2014, 04:50 AM   #6
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by hks_kansei Quote
AS above, keep an eye on ebay, and op-shops for a broken ME

Or even a broken MX/MV/ME Super and whatever else Pentax had out around that time.
I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of them shared the same part.
The cap from an MX will not fit, it has a different screw. One from an MV may do.