Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-24-2014, 05:16 AM   #16

Well, it is obvious that the spring of the back curtain (or the second curtain if you will, I don't know what it was called since I am a Chinese, but I think you can understand me) is weaken with time goes, and it is not strong enough to touch off the reflex mirror climb up structure, which would invite a problem that seemed has nothing to do with it, which is your new problem. If you entight the spring ( the one of back curtain), the first problem will be definitely repaired, and I believe the second one will disappear as well.

My Pentax S2 once had your first problem, and several low speed shutter became B shutter, and after my adjustion of spring, the B shutter problem was solved at the same time with the first problem.

---------- Post added 02-24-14 at 08:22 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Mingji Quote
Well, it is obvious that the spring of the back curtain (or the second curtain if you will, I don't know what it was called since I am a Chinese, but I think you can understand me) is weaken with time goes, and it is not strong enough to touch off the reflex mirror climb up structure, which would invite a problem that seemed has nothing to do with it, which is your new problem. If you entight the spring ( the one of back curtain), the first problem will be definitely repaired, and I believe the second one will disappear as well.

My Pentax S2 once had your first problem, and several low speed shutter became B shutter, and after my adjustion of spring, the B shutter problem was solved at the same time with the first problem.
I'm sorry, the words in second line should be " the reflex mirror rebound down structure "

02-24-2014, 10:31 AM   #17

Great to see old MX cameras getting used in this digital age
02-24-2014, 11:22 AM   #18

Original Poster
So much kindness!

Thanks Mingji, I don't really want to fiddle around with the camere myself. I'm afraid to destroy more than that I fix it I found a small shop here in Reykjavik that has some filmcameras for sale, maybe I get some help there. At the moment I don't have enough money to send the MX to Eric, but this is still the best option I think.
02-24-2014, 06:59 PM   #19

Of course it's better to have it fixed by a professional guy, but sometimes they would phrase a tiny problem as a doom, so that they can ask for more money. This happens in China, and I was forced to try to fix it by myself, you know walk around the forums and search for those articles, then miraculously I succeeded and found that mechanic thing are really charming, and I can save the money to buy lenses! But it does is hazadous, since I did opened a FA28-70/4 and could not lodge it back