Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-02-2014, 04:30 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Yeah it's started

Might have the chance to pic up a SF1N and wanted the collectives thoughts? I know it's a little different layout than most are used to with the sliders instead of dials but thought I'd give it a go...

JJ

03-02-2014, 10:21 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have an SF-1. The best, and never duplicated anywhere else, thing with the SF-1 is the position of the hot shoe. It's centered above the grip. You can hold and operate the camera with one hand with an AF 500 FTZ on it. (I've done exactly that!) It's a big, heavy, brick, but it takes great pictures. I got the MZ-S I just put up on the marketplace when my wife took it over because she was finding focusing with the ME more difficult. She took over the MZ-S when I got the K10D.
03-02-2014, 05:34 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I got a SF1n recently with a FA 50mm f/1.7. At first I thought I would sell the SF1n for a few bucks but I discovered that there was film loaded in it! I've been shooting with it to use up the film and it's been a pleasure to use. It's a keeper. Yes, it's big, bulky, and heavy but super awesome as I consider it a camera of the times. AF works well and the controls are fairly easy to figure out.

Go ahead.. get it if it's a decent price. I think you'll enjoy it.
03-02-2014, 05:36 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
So many choices people think I'm nuts going back to film

03-02-2014, 06:20 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Our problem living out in the sticks is nowhere for convenient processing. The wife just got her own digital and is learning that post processing can be a pain. I did not like dark room work, I don't like Lightroom any better, except for the filing system that's built in. That is superb.
03-02-2014, 06:50 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jerryleejr Quote
So many choices people think I'm nuts going back to film
I considered selling all of my film stuff recently...and as much I as don't think I could bring myself to actually do it, I'm glad my wife told me to keep it, that I'd regret it. I just got a roll of Portra 160 and BW400CN developed today from the LX and KM and I'm completely reminded why I still love film. No, it isn't instant, and you have to work to get the shot right because can't just keep shooting away at the cost of film and developing, but there's something special about the sound of the shutter and working with a manual camera or the LX with aperture priority. Something about making awesome photographs with 30-40 year old gear.

I love when I shoot the film cameras and the kids always want to see the picture. Try explaining to a 4 year old and 19 month old why they can't see the pictures right away.
03-02-2014, 08:02 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
SF1N on the way...

JJ

---------- Post added 03-02-14 at 09:06 PM ----------

Now all I need is a databack...

JJ