Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-11-2014, 06:40 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Easiest way to access the shutter mechanism in ME Super?

I just bought an ME super on ebay for $3 because the mirror was stuck. Thanks to all the useful information here and elsewhere, that was a relatively easy fix. The curtain just needed to be nudged down. However, after that happened, the shutter fired once and now won't cock. The winder just keeps winding and the shutter never resets.

I've seen several threads and blogs on this (including the ME Super 3 common problems page), and I'm pretty sure that the lever is stuck and needs to be cleaned. I don't have a problem with disassembly and tinkering, but I really don't want to get into soldering. Is there anything else to do besides the complete disassembly?

03-11-2014, 06:56 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Send it to Eric?
03-11-2014, 07:16 PM - 1 Like   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
Well, the whole point of trying to get one for $3 is that I don't want to spend $100.
03-11-2014, 07:39 PM   #4
Site Supporter

I would suggest buying a clean working body for $30 and replacing the foams yourself for $10.

Steve

03-11-2014, 08:35 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

I have two with busted winders. Its a common problem. I have a couple more that work. They're very common cameras. If you crack it open, the worst-case scenario is you're out $3+shipping.
One side-effect of LensBuyingAddiction is the accumulation of the old cameras that were attached to said lenses. Also camera bags. And flashes with corroded batteries...
03-12-2014, 12:11 AM   #6

This might help.
http://www.pentax-manuals.com/manuals/service/me-s_sm.pdf