Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-22-2014, 11:35 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Question -- anyone? A total of two Super Program modes will operate as intended with DA lenses deemed useable on full frame, correct? ...Such as my HD DA 70mm/2.4 and DA 40mm/2.8 XS; as well as the DA 12-24mm/4, with limitations?

Last edited by Kayaker-J; 03-24-2014 at 08:40 PM.
03-23-2014, 04:23 PM   #17

QuoteOriginally posted by SyncGuy Quote
Fuji's already doing the aperture dial thing-y, i'm afraid and it sure feels oh-so-intuitive!
The xt1 looks almost perfect! But its also more expensive then the much better k3. I havent handled one yet, but exposure comp dials piss me off for some silly reason!
03-23-2014, 06:30 PM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bibz Quote
The xt1 looks almost perfect! But its also more expensive then the much better k3. I havent handled one yet, but exposure comp dials piss me off for some silly reason!
Hehe! That's true... But i guess it's all pretty much about subjective vs objectives. One man's meat is another man's poison, they say..
For me, I love it a LOT! Neither is better than the other.. Each has their own strength and weaknesses, and for my style of shooting and output, I pick handling and size over the other factors.
Of course those Fuji glasses! Most importantly, it really feels a lot like my fav Super Program, including the size!
03-24-2014, 08:32 AM   #19

QuoteOriginally posted by SyncGuy Quote
Hehe! That's true... But i guess it's all pretty much about subjective vs objectives. One man's meat is another man's poison, they say..
For me, I love it a LOT! Neither is better than the other.. Each has their own strength and weaknesses, and for my style of shooting and output, I pick handling and size over the other factors.
Of course those Fuji glasses! Most importantly, it really feels a lot like my fav Super Program, including the size!
How does it handle compared to your k30? I'm currently using one for my digital stuff of late (which is 95% digitizing film).

03-24-2014, 12:44 PM   #20
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
How does it handle compared to your k30?
You mean the Super Program or the Fuji?

Steve
03-24-2014, 08:49 PM   #21

QuoteOriginally posted by Kayaker-J Quote
Question -- anyone? A total of two Super Program modes will operate as intended with DA lenses deemed useable on full frame, correct? ...Such as my HD DA 70mm/2.4 and DA 40mm/2.8 XS; as well as the DA 12-24mm/4, with limitations?
Don't have experience with other two, but I successfully use Super Program with DA 40mm combo
03-24-2014, 08:49 PM   #22
Veteran Member

How does it handle compared to your k30? I'm currently using one for my digital stuff of late (which is 95% digitizing film).
Yes, could you clarify please? Are you saying that you are shooting film in a Super Program and then digitizing by conventional means... or are you possibly using a Pentax DSLR to reshoot film positives and negs, and then stitching together a composite super hi-rez file? If it's the latter, I'm really interested in your procedure and technique, and how the results compare to conventional scans.

---------- Post added 03-24-14 at 11:58 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by on9ye Quote
Don't have experience with other two, but I successfully use Super Program with DA 40mm combo
Thanks. Right now my principle 35mm PK-body options for accomplishing this are the ZX-M (ultralight) and a PZ-1p (heavyweight/bulky). I'm thinking of giving up the ME Super for a Super Program (Goldilocks option), now that I have the DA lenses. I have well-loved Nikons I can't bring myself to part with for other 35mm "needs".
03-25-2014, 03:01 AM   #23
Veteran Member

You mean the handling of the Super A/Program? It's awesome for me... LoL!
I've the Super Program loaded with B&W film (coz it's 2-toned) and color film in the Super A (but attached with the Motor Drive A).

I have tried to handle the XT-1 and i find it almost the same! Except that it's an EVF (which i think is still a moot point coz it's huge and really good).

Yes, could you clarify please? Are you saying that you are shooting film in a Super Program and then digitizing by conventional means... or are you possibly using a Pentax DSLR to reshoot film positives and negs, and then stitching together a composite super hi-rez file? If it's the latter, I'm really interested in your procedure and technique, and how the results compare to conventional scans.

---------- Post added 03-24-14 at 11:58 PM ----------

Thanks. Right now my principle 35mm PK-body options for accomplishing this are the ZX-M (ultralight) and a PZ-1p (heavyweight/bulky). I'm thinking of giving up the ME Super for a Super Program (Goldilocks option), now that I have the DA lenses. I have well-loved Nikons I can't bring myself to part with for other 35mm "needs".
For me, i digitize my negs with the standard V700 that i "stole"..

03-26-2014, 12:12 AM   #24

Hehe, I was wondering how the XT1 handled since the controls are there. I'm currently digitising film shot with Pentax stuff (35mm/645/6x7) with my k30. I'm mainly using it over a light table with a macro lens just to check out the negatives. I've only set up my darkroom once so far, but now I've got plenty of negatives to play with. The sharpness is definitely there but the dynamic range is limited from the light from the table. I've had best results exposing to the right. I'm also just putting the whole frame in one shot since I'm not doing any digital printing or anything. For that you could totally get a few shots to stitch together, 35mm tri-x clearly outresolves the 16mp by heaps using xtol to develop.
03-26-2014, 09:20 AM   #25
Site Supporter

Hehe, I was wondering how the XT1 handled since the controls are there.
You might want to drop a post onto the non-Pentax section of this site. There are several Fuji users there who might have the perspective you are seeking.

Steve
03-28-2014, 10:20 PM   #26
Pentaxian

I regret selling a mint one + mint leather case for $30. That is a few years ago.
Now I really missed the little bolt on grip and the feels of holding it on hand.
03-29-2014, 06:25 PM   #27

I have used my Super Program with my DA 40 XS. It works on auto exposure or shutter priority (with the dial set to M). It is a fantastic combination. Ridiculously light and portable. The DA 40 XS has given me really good results on film.
04-03-2014, 09:33 PM   #28

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Has anyone had a problem with their supers where the selector knob doesn't seem to change to the proper mode? On auto mine works correctly with the lens set on A. In auto with the lens set at any aperture, the shutter speeds change according to the f-stop and the meter appears correct. Set in manual it acts the same way and I don't see the + - when the scene is obviously underexposed. Also, the shutter selection buttons don't change the shutter speeds like my other ME/MES. Operator error or a problem?
04-04-2014, 02:59 PM   #29
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dubiousone Quote
Operator error or a problem?
With the shutter mode on M and the aperture ring off the A position, the buttons should work the same as on the ME Super. Change the aperture ring to the A position and the buttons will change the shutter speed with the camera selecting the aperture. Either way, the buttons should change the shutter speed.

I would suggest that your switch is probably not working properly.

Steve