Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-28-2014, 08:59 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by UlrichSchiegg Quote
Tamron Lens SP 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD ASP Makro
QuoteOriginally posted by DSims Quote
But if the Tamron lacks an aperture ring
The Tamron definitely has an aperture ring and is also definitely full frame and mine works flawlessly on my MZS.
Glenn

03-28-2014, 06:33 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by G and T Quote
The Tamron definitely has an aperture ring and is also definitely full frame and mine works flawlessly on my MZS.
Glenn
I'd always thought it had an aperture ring, but I took the OP's word for it.
04-02-2014, 09:27 AM   #18

Original Poster
Past week end I had the chance to test the 18-135 with the DC motor on the Z-1 body. It does not autofocus. The Av/Tv setting worked fine. Also the Sigma 35 1.4 with HSM motor was tried on a Z-1 by another forum member. He reported that it also does not autofocus.
04-02-2014, 02:04 PM   #19
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Past week end I had the chance to test the 18-135 with the DC motor on the Z-1 body. It does not autofocus. The Av/Tv setting worked fine. Also the Sigma 35 1.4 with HSM motor was tried on a Z-1 by another forum member. He reported that it also does not autofocus.
Makes sense. All of the Pentax film AF cameras are mechanical (screw drive) only.

Steve

04-04-2014, 01:56 PM   #20

Glenn
The Tamron Di 28-75 has an aperture ring, I used it succesfully on Pentax AF and MF film cameras.

The only thing with manual focus: it can be focussed a little bit beyond infinity (like many modern aspherical IF lenses do for technical reasons), so be careful when focussing! But it is a very good lens on film bodies!
04-04-2014, 06:53 PM   #21
Veteran Member

The reason that there is confusion whether the Tamron 28-75mm has an aperture ring or not, is that in some other mounts it hasn't but the K mount version has.
Glenn
04-04-2014, 08:35 PM   #22
Veteran Member

The reason that there is confusion whether the Tamron 28-75mm has an aperture ring or not, is that in some other mounts it hasn't but the K mount version has.
Glenn
Thanks for the clarification - I was wondering ever since I repeated the OPs assertion that it didn't have one, but then others assured us it did. I see how easy it is to make this mistake if you don't own one, because often the wrong mount is pictured online.

04-09-2014, 02:00 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Makes sense. All of the Pentax film AF cameras are mechanical (screw drive) only.

Steve
Worth pointing out though that Pentax hopefully considered K-AF2/3 mount lenses might be used on AF film SLRs with the PZ contacts and designed it so it would be a safe combination. Some independent lens manufacturers might not have been so diligent.
04-28-2014, 10:18 AM   #24

Original Poster
Autofocus on Tamron (with Aperture Ring) works fine

After the discussion on the thread, I decided on the

lens, since none of the lenses I tried which have an internal lens motor (be it HSM, DC, SDM) did work. I can confirm, that the new Tamron I received has an aperture ring on the Pentax version and that all the Z-1 functions including Autofocus work fine.
04-28-2014, 01:25 PM   #25
Veteran Member

After the discussion on the thread, I decided on the

lens, since none of the lenses I tried which have an internal lens motor (be it HSM, DC, SDM) did work. I can confirm, that the new Tamron I received has an aperture ring on the Pentax version and that all the Z-1 functions including Autofocus work fine.
Thanks for the update!