Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-11-2008, 12:29 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by zx-m Quote
As far as I can tell, I see only one purple sky.

Again, nice shots, Javier...I am glad to see that you are "leaving well enough alone." I do not do any post-production. Perhaps I should say that I could not do any post production work, as I do not have the equipment for it, and I know very little about it. I try to get as close to reality as I could. With proper exposure and good composition, there should be no need for fiddling around--and this is what I mean when I say that one should try to maximize the potential of film. In my view, post-production may create something that is more subjectively satisfying, but, overall, I think it detracts from realistic effects that are obtainable in film photography.

PS (for Javier): Before I forget...I received my roll back from Specialty Color Services. The results are fantastic. I have used several different labs over the years, and Specialty is simply the best. I will be sending all of my rolls in their direction. I thank you, again, Javier
Thanks again. Post up some pics .
I too have a roll of Tri-x out to them. Can't wait to get it back.

06-11-2008, 12:32 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ftpaddict Quote
The horse looks as if it's made out of plastic, and the entire scenes are extremely contrasty. Most unnatural, at least to me.
I hate to break it to you, but the horse is plastic or some sort of something. It is a statue after all. The other horse is a ''race horse'' and are combed to be silky smooth to increase speed...As for the contrasty, it is a colorful place. You should see it in person.
06-11-2008, 12:40 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jgredline Quote
I hate to break it to you, but the horse is plastic or some sort of something. It is a statue after all. The other horse is a ''race horse'' and are combed to be silky smooth to increase speed...As for the contrasty, it is a colorful place. You should see it in person.
Now do you really believe I'd think they'd put a live horse on a pedestal? And expect it to stay put?