Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-24-2014, 08:47 PM   #1
Inactive Account

New Asahi ESII owner.

Hey everyone.

I recently purchased a Asahi ESII locally, and came across this forum and thought I'd introduce myself.
I'm new to photography, but have always had a interest in it and vintage cameras, so that was the reason for my purchase. Anyone with experience with this camera, and was it a good purchase?

03-24-2014, 09:11 PM   #2
Ole
Administrator

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome! The ESII was the Pentax flagship at its time. Whether it is a good purchase or not depends on condition and what you paid for it!

There is some information about the ESII in our database here.
03-24-2014, 09:13 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by wattskee Quote
Hey everyone.

I recently purchased a Asahi ESII locally, and came across this forum and thought I'd introduce myself.
I'm new to photography, but have always had a interest in it and vintage cameras, so that was the reason for my purchase. Anyone with experience with this camera, and was it a good purchase?
Good to have you here, especially since your interest is broader than the latest high-tech. The ES11 is one of my own collection of (64) film cameras. It was the last of the M42 Spotmatics, and was replaced by the K2 bayonet mount version. The ES11 will only shoot manually down to 1/60th, whereas the K2 goes to 4 seconds. The ES11 is an improvement over the first two automatic versions, and if yours is in good condition should serve you well. Otherwise get it serviced by Eric Hendrickson who is an expert at Pentax film cameras.
03-25-2014, 05:48 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I too have an ES II in good condition but got a surprise after my first roll came back with some overlapping frames. An issue with sticky rollers and sensitive clutch. You may wish to get it serviced before committing to running a film through it,