Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-29-2014, 11:16 AM   #1

Pentax ME broken self timer

I recently acquired a Pentax ME on eBay, it was really cheap. Everything is working well on a certain configuration. The manual says you need to cock the shutter, pull the lever for the sell timer and then just give it a small push to start counting the time.

When I do this the level won't start rotating and if I push to the top it will fire. If I leave the self time lever up when I'm cocking the shutter it will fire when its coming back to the rest position.

Should I try to fix it once its good to have a self timer or leave it that way, working with the lever down with no self timer?

If anyone could give me a light on how to fix the self timer I would be glad. There's no one to do this service where I live.

Thank you.

05-01-2014, 11:03 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi, welcome to the Pentax Forums!

A slow or non-functioning self-timer is not uncommon on older cameras. It can probably be fixed as part of a normal CLA (Clean, Lubricate, Adjust) service. I suspect that this is not something that is easily fixed by a regular person.

Steve
05-01-2014, 11:26 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Hi, welcome to the Pentax Forums!

A slow or non-functioning self-timer is not uncommon on older cameras. It can probably be fixed as part of a normal CLA (Clean, Lubricate, Adjust) service. I suspect that this is not something that is easily fixed by a regular person.

Steve
Since there's noone to do this service here, until i go to somewhere they can fix it should I use it the way it is right now? Or it can damage the whole system?
05-01-2014, 04:48 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by saviano Quote
should I use it the way it is right now? Or it can damage the whole system?
If the shutter appears to be working, go ahead and take it out shooting. It should be fine. I would avoid playing with the self-timer though.

Steve

05-01-2014, 08:03 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
If the shutter appears to be working, go ahead and take it out shooting. It should be fine. I would avoid playing with the self-timer though.

Steve
Thank you so much Steve, I'll follow your advice.
Have a nice weekend.