Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-30-2014, 08:21 AM   #1

LX. Viewfinder metering question.

I recently managed to get hold of an LX, after lusting after one for a few years now. It seems to be in great condition and I have nearly ran my first roll of B&W through it and will probably process it tonight.

However there seems to be a light problem with the viewfinder. The little green arrow that indicates the shutter speed setting seems to be slightly out of sync. For example, when i shut the dial to a shutter speed of 125 the green arrow appear to be pointing to 250, or more like 3/4 of the way between 125 and 250. What is going on here and is there anyway of fixing it myself?

That said, what a lovely piece of equipment. The little things really please me like being able to carry it on a strap vertically is so comfortable and easy to use, and also i think it looks really cool.

Thanks, James.

04-30-2014, 08:38 AM   #2

Original Poster
Sorry for the terrible camera phone photo, but here's and example, this is with the shutter speed dial set to 125.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
GT-I9100  Photo 
04-30-2014, 01:09 PM   #3
Forum Member

That happened to me with an mx I bought... the guy who fixed it said that it was a little thread that manages that, and that it is not something you can do... being an LX that premise gets even more serious. So I suggest you to send it to Eric.
04-30-2014, 05:57 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Yes the viewfinder indicator is moved by an adjustable linkage which can slip out of adjustment. Happened to my Canon F-1, and took a bit of searching with the top cover off to find the adjustment. I wouldn't try it myself on an LX. Eric could set it right and check everything else also.