Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-30-2014, 11:10 PM   #1

Less Zx/MZ-Ms on Ebay..

Hi guys, as of late I searched Ebay for the camera and got very few results. Most are in good condition and commanding a higher than expected price.

I remember some years ago a similar search would yield pages of the camera, and most of them are "as-is" and "untested". And, coincidentally the photos of the camera will most likely have its mirror in the up position.

I wonder what happened to all those "for parts or not working" ones. Seem to be all gone. Any idea where they all went?

04-30-2014, 11:28 PM   #2
Veteran Member

A few of them went to me. In fact, I was shooting today with a ZX-M loaded with Ilford HP5 that came from eBay a few years ago with a loose lens mount and busted pop-up flash spring (both easily fixed). I don't know where the rest of them went, but I can account for five or so...
04-30-2014, 11:54 PM   #3

Original Poster
I was looking for "for parts or not working" and found one or two. I remember there were heaps! My guess is that most of them went to PF members who wanted them for the focus screen. Will the guilty ones please own up? Haha!
05-02-2014, 12:52 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If you want one for parts and are in the Atlanta area, I'll give you mine... it's got the classic problem - broken winder motor. Any film you put in will be winded back immediately as soon as you press the shutter (there's threads here about that issue, you are probably familiar with it).

05-03-2014, 09:50 PM   #5

Original Poster
I want the zx-m only for the focusing screen. Shall I pm you about it?

---------- Post added 05-03-14 at 09:51 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
If you want one for parts and are in the Atlanta area, I'll give you mine... it's got the classic problem - broken winder motor. Any film you put in will be winded back immediately as soon as you press the shutter (there's threads here about that issue, you are probably familiar with it).
I want the zx-m only for the focusing screen. Shall I pm you about it?
05-05-2014, 06:23 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sure.
05-13-2014, 08:36 PM   #7

Not all of them are commanding high prices. Shortly after I read this thread I went on the "bay" and found a ZX-M, I was the only bidder, $4.99 plus $11.25 shipping. Surprisingly, it is in "like new" condition and works great. I wanted one years ago, but at the time, they were still commanding prices higher than I wanted to pay.

Here is the link to the auction:
Pentax ZX M SLR Film Camera Body 27075042759 | eBay
05-14-2014, 01:15 AM   #8
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
You have to know that e(vil)bay have somewhat of seasons. In some moment of the year people don't sell much, or buy much.

You have to check every weeks to see what's new on the list, what's relisted, what's gone. And you'll find what you want.