Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-29-2008, 12:13 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
CBA on Film Cameras

I forward a posting in marketplace where I did product shots of my film cameras -- Pentax SuperProgram and Pentax Auto 110 in this marketplace thread:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/photographer-s-marketplace/26202-power-zo...tek-flash.html

Anyone here who have Pentax Auto 110, please share your thoughts on Pentax Auto 110 as I have purchased it for months and not yet taking a single shot with the smallest camera.

Hin

QuoteOriginally posted by hinman Quote
For product shots, I usually go with my Pentax FA 50 f/1.4 or Tamron 28-75 f/2.8 for their fast speed, but yesterday night, I used my Tokina 28-70 f/2.8-4.3 for product shots documenting my CBA (camera buying addiction) as well as planning future sale of unused cameras.

I love this Tokina manual zoom and the metering with 'A' aperture and quick focusing/zooming has been ideal making manual focusing a great joy to use. These product shots are reasons behind my withdrawal from selling as I can use my Pentax SuperProgram with this manual lens -- a perfect pair along with M 28mm f/2.8 in the picture. LBA/CBA minded be warned on these pictures. All pictures are taken by Tokina wide open in ISO 400 with K10D.

Pentax SuperProgram with Pentax M 28mm f/2.8
poor man's choice for pancake & indulge in b&w film

CBA to the fullest
Pentax SuperProgram and Pentax Auto 110

The smallest & cutest camera
Pentax Auto 110

Pentax Auto 110 with 18mm, 24mm and 50mm
complete set of accessories with winder & filters

Pentax M 28mm f/2.8 (poor man's pancake)

I rate this zoom next to my Tamron 28-75 f/2.8 in terms of good speed and sharpness and all the above pictures are done in 70mm in which I can engage the close up shots at night without use of flash. I am yet to test the lens on flowers, a highly recommend manual zoom in my book -- Tokina sz-x 287 28-70 f/2.8-4.3 Macro 1:3

Last edited by hinman; 04-29-2008 at 02:53 PM.
04-30-2008, 09:07 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Great 110 kit! I really miss mine--sold years ago. I seem to recall having a largish 70mm telephoto also...and wasn't there a zoom too, like 20-40mm? I think that was the two lenses I had still in the plastic bubbles as shipped? They were pretty valueable 10 years ago. Probably astronomical price nowadays...
04-30-2008, 10:27 AM   #3
Banned

thats a bitchin' superPROGRAM, awesome cameras I love my superA.
05-01-2008, 02:28 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hin I have the same auto110 kit, but I do not have the battery door for the winder... I have one roll exposed but I havent dropped it off to longs or walgreens yet... did you buy film for it yet?

and yes the CBA stops here too
i now have 2 k1000, 1 me, 1 mg, 1 mx, 1 sf1, 1 spotmatic, 2 auto110... (my wallet is in pain)

that k20d should be in my stable by christmas? lol

05-01-2008, 06:29 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
thats a bitchin' superPROGRAM, awesome cameras I love my superA.
Yes, my superprogram is very cute and I even added the winder after the purchase. I thought the winder would make it more ergonomic to hold, I have not gotten use with the winder but it sure adds to the look. But I thought the 'S' shutter in the winder a bit awkward and I don't feel the same shutter release as in the SuperProgram without the winder.

In the future, my super program may go to the Marketplace unless I find good reasons to keep it such as a good place to just develop film and if I manage to find of a reasonable good film/slide scanner so that I have a economical way of keeping my film gear. As of now, my cost in film try out with few rolls already adds up to the cost of my super program.

And here is my crush to another film gear, which I like even better than my super program for the complete Auto everything in Pentax PZ1, it is the best film camera that I have -- it sure looks like the K10D with 2 command dials and the shutter noise is better controlled than K10D. In my novice opinion, the AF works better in my pz-1 than my K10D.

Last edited by hinman; 05-01-2008 at 06:43 PM.
05-01-2008, 06:32 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ron Boggs Quote
Great 110 kit! I really miss mine--sold years ago. I seem to recall having a largish 70mm telephoto also...and wasn't there a zoom too, like 20-40mm? I think that was the two lenses I had still in the plastic bubbles as shipped? They were pretty valueable 10 years ago. Probably astronomical price nowadays...
I got my complete set for $120 in marketplace and I see couple of deals in ebay around that price. I don't think the auto 110 is a much sought item due to the hassles with films and processing but I can be wrong. I have few links below and I will report back my try out with few rolls of Kodak (200). If I find the expired Fuji films, i will report back as I like the results that I see with the Fuji 110 film.

QuoteOriginally posted by 247nino Quote
Hin I have the same auto110 kit, but I do not have the battery door for the winder... I have one roll exposed but I havent dropped it off to longs or walgreens yet... did you buy film for it yet?

and yes the CBA stops here too
i now have 2 k1000, 1 me, 1 mg, 1 mx, 1 sf1, 1 spotmatic, 2 auto110... (my wallet is in pain)

that k20d should be in my stable by christmas? lol
I wrote up a blog post on my 110 and it has some links to find available films

Pentax Auto 110 - Hin's Tech Corner

Check out the links for fuji (expired) and solaris (ferrania?) films from frugalphotographers.

110 Pocket Instamatic film in the Frugal Photographer catalog

Hin

Last edited by hinman; 05-01-2008 at 06:44 PM.
05-03-2008, 12:48 PM   #7
edl
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by hinman Quote

And here is my crush to another film gear, which I like even better than my super program for the complete Auto everything in Pentax PZ1, it is the best film camera that I have -- it sure looks like the K10D with 2 command dials and the shutter noise is better controlled than K10D. In my novice opinion, the AF works better in my pz-1 than my K10D.

I'd agree with that, AF on PZ1 seems to be quicker than the K10D.

I need to thin out my stable too. In the last 6 months, I've picked up 2 spotties, ME Super, MX, PZ1, and a Yashica D. Gotta cut back...