Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-29-2014, 11:55 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Definitely. Although they did offer a compromise solution, the condition of the item was misstated. Leaving negative feedback is your responsibility as part of the eBay community.

Steve

---------- Post added 05-29-14 at 10:22 AM ----------

I always assume they mean that someone at sometime had probably used film in the camera.

Steve

---------- Post added 05-29-14 at 10:24 AM ----------

Ozone turns the foam into oily goo. For the light seals this is an inconvenience. For mirror bumpers it can result in fouling of both the mirror and the focus screen.

Steve

---------- Post added 05-29-14 at 10:26 AM ----------

I recommend Jon Goodman's kits over the eBay sellers. $10 USD including postage. PM me for Jon's e-mail. That is how he does business now.

Steve
Cheers Steve - Thanks. I'm actually already in possession of a lovely Jon Goodman kit for the Super Program - I was anticipating needing to do this, but unfortunately it does not appear to be needed at all (very surprising) and the cameras problems are well beyond the foam in any case (perhaps not surprising, but disappointing).

05-29-2014, 03:51 PM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
---------- Post added 05-29-14 at 10:22 AM ----------

[/COLOR]

I always assume they mean that someone at sometime had probably used film in the camera.

One would hope that's the case, but unfortunately there are a lot of people out there who like to stetch the limits of the english language in relation to these things.
I would usually presume the same as you, that "tested with film" would mean film has been loaded, exposed, developed, and all looked well.

I think another part is that a lot of people probably aren't aware of what issues to look for, there's a whole generation who've grown up never seeing REAL film, only godawful over the top instagram filters pretending.
They probably think film is supposed to have colour casts, light leaks, and scratches.