Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-01-2008, 11:58 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
ME Super Stepless Shutter Speed?

Forgive me if I have missed this. I have not been able to find out if the ME Super, when in Auto mode has a stepless shutter speed. i know cameras like the Yashica GSN, and the spotmatic ESII are stepless, but what about the ME Super?

Anyone know?

05-02-2008, 12:36 AM   #2
Inactive Account

I am not sure if this of one of those deep, technically tricky questions and I'll make an ass of myself answering it.

I do not see the shutter on my ME Super as being stepless. When in Auto mode it is 'Aperture Preferred' and the choices offered for shutter speed in the viewfinder are specific and defined. When operating properly with fresh batteries the green LED lights up beside the appropriate shutter speed number in the view finder based on the aperture you have the chosen. What the hell the camera actually shoots at is, I am guessing, is your specific question - right? Are you asking that even though it says it is shooting at 1/250th in actuality it may be selecting a different value, say 1/239th of a second?

This is too deep for my tiny brain at 3:34 AM.

Last edited by J.Scott; 05-02-2008 at 12:45 AM.
05-06-2008, 05:21 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by J.Scott Quote
Are you asking that even though it says it is shooting at 1/250th in actuality it may be selecting a different value, say 1/239th of a second?

Yup thats exactly what i am asking. More of a "I just want to know" then I "need to know" kind of question.

Thanks for your answer!
05-06-2008, 07:46 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Stepless Shutter speeds

QuoteOriginally posted by KungPOW Quote
Forgive me if I have missed this. I have not been able to find out if the ME Super, when in Auto mode has a stepless shutter speed. i know cameras like the Yashica GSN, and the spotmatic ESII are stepless, but what about the ME Super?

Anyone know?
Hi KungPOW: According to the MESuper manual Page 42 the shutter speed is stepless in Auto Mode - in Manual Mode there are 14 distinct shutter speeds.

Go Here for a pdf of the Manual Pentax Manuals

The password is Pentax

monochrome

05-06-2008, 08:45 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thank you!

I should have re-read the manual...

Well now I know!