Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-06-2008, 02:55 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Metering with ME-Super and M42 lenses?

Hopefully not too dumb of a question. With my M42 lenses on my K100D I have to add EV +1.3-2.0 for correct exposures in Av mode. Is it necessary to do this as well with my ME-Super when using my M42's? I've shot two rolls so far with the M42's. The first one had some pretty bad underexposures, and overly grainy texture. The second roll I added x1 or x2 compensation and they seemed to turn out better. I guess I'm just trying to figure out if my camera is out of whack, or if it is normal to add the exposure compensation.

I think it did help that I paid attention to the "sunny 16" rule on the second roll of film as a double check to see if I thought the camera was getting it right.

Oh, I was using cheap Fuji and Kroger store branded 200 asa film. Then scanned in from the negatives with an Epson v200.

Here are a couple that I think turned out ok. Both with a Super Takumar 28mm f3.5.

Thanks for any help and suggestions!

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, compensation, film, help, m42, me-super, roll