Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-26-2014, 12:27 PM   #1

daycase/pouch for MX + 43mm advice needed

Dear fellow film fotographers,

I very much enjoy my MX when coupled with the wonderful Pentax 43mm lens.

For my digital SLR, I use the "Crumpler Bowl" pouch which I carry in my usual backpack, which is closed by a zipper, and I can throw the largish K5ii inside and forget it when I want to; also there's a side compartment for a second small lens, which is great because like this I can carry the 43mm and 20mm lenses and the K5ii in one single pouch.
For the MX the pouch is quite a bit too large; I'd love to find a similar zipper-closed "bowl" only large enough to pad the MX and the mounted 43mm lens;

could you recommend any such specific pouch? I've been googling quite a while and find no such pouches smaller than the "Crumpler Bowl", and I don't like complicated pouches with straps and belt-adapters and outside-pockets... as I just want a safe "damping" within my backpack, and a zipper to avoid the camera falling out of the bag.

Have a nice evening
Rapfl

07-26-2014, 01:59 PM   #2
Pentaxian

I have a small padded bag that I think was originally for a Mini-DV style camcorder. It has one main storage area with a couple small webbed external pockets which are useful for filters/film. Not the most stylish thing.

I know this doesn't give you a specific product to look at, but maybe there are some small camcorder type bags that will have the same type of setup.

---------- Post added 07-26-14 at 04:19 PM ----------

Edit: A brief search at B&H shows multiple simple padded bags under the camcorder category. Hope that helps.
07-26-2014, 02:56 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

If you didn't mind drawstring instead of zipper, there are lots of neoprene pouches that would probably do the trick.