Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-07-2008, 06:13 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Walgreen film same as Fujifilm film?

the 35mm walgreen 200iso and 400iso film are relabeled Fujifilm 200/400? I hear ppl keep talking abou how great they are for their price but find that Fujifilm 200/400 are much cheaper at Walmart. If they are the same, I'll just return the Walgreen 400 and get the Fujifilm 400. I believe the Walgreen was roughly $8.50 for 4 rolls and Walmart is $7.50 for 5 rolls (400iso superia)

05-07-2008, 11:13 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Well, first of all...without going into the "Walmart screwing everyone over for cheaper prices" debate, Walgreens has always been more expensive due to the convenience factor.

Having processed thousands of rolls of Studio 35 for customers, I can say the results are good for the money. However, I read somewhere else the film was another brand, starting with an A but I can't remember off hand what it is.

They come in the white Fuji canisters, but the film is made in Germany. IMO it's a good value for what you get. Just wait till it goes on sale, then it's even cheaper...
05-08-2008, 01:34 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

IMO the old Agfa-manufactured Studio 35 film was better.

Chris
05-08-2008, 01:57 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Apologies for the hijack, but I just can't resist: does the Walgreens have more or fewer hot pixels than Fuji?

05-12-2008, 01:10 AM   #5
Inactive Account

The Walgreen's around here (Pasadena) is selling AP70 process color film which Agfa's version of C41. That implies it's still Agfa to me. BTW Agfa film is usually stunning stuff -- at least all that I've used over the years.
05-12-2008, 01:20 AM   #6
Inactive Account

Walmart offers exceptional value to the photo customer, although Walgreens has beome my closed second favorite (I've never bought into the AFL-CIO anti-Walmart disinformation campaign). Walmart for instance will process almost anything and cheaper than anyone else. That includes Kodachrome, 120, black and white, movie film (16mm, 8mm, and Super 8) - amazing, but true. Of course they send all but the C41 to outside labs. They remind me a bit of K-Mart in the days when K-mart had a serious photo department. Their customer service is also good. They actually call me at home when my Kodachrome is ready without me even asking! Lately they've turned it around in less than a week.

The old-line photo store in these parts, Sammy's camera, doesn't really care about film photographers. Their goal is to convince us we're dinosaurs and pitch us digital cameras sold on commission. In this area these big photo chains (Sammy's, Ritz) devoured the "mom-and-pop" photo shops long before Walmart hit the scene.
05-15-2008, 04:50 PM   #7
Forum Member

Original Poster
i had a problem with walmart processing. Turned in 4 rolls of film and chose the cheapest processing, which was 2 days processing if i recall. Not only were they not processed in the time advertised, they over charged me on each of my rolls.
All of the rolls i sent in were 24exp, but the place where they sent it to processed the blank pieces in front of the actually exposure. The icing on the cake was how poorly their printing quality was. All the photos had different hues.
I'll buy my film from them, but i do not trust where they sent my photos. I might try walgreens since they do it in house.