Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
08-04-2014, 03:46 PM - 3 Likes   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
cozy little analogue home...

I like it in here. Cozy inside these analog threads. The rest of the forum for the most part is endlessly debating bits and bobs and specs and figures in the neverending digiworld. I don't mind it - this is not an anti-digital thread I'm opening here. Rather, I just wanted to voice that it's, as I said, cozy in here. Everything is constant - occasional blips about specific setups and someone's rantings about a great body they've found. Pricing info for older cameras and a plethera of nice image threads which folks often take time to view and comment on here.

If I'm short on time and popping into the forums, this is often my one-and-done stop here in "Pentax Film SLR Discussion".

I like it here best.

Can I pour you one while you wax poetic, or confer and confabulate the joys of shooting onto an emulsion?

08-04-2014, 04:08 PM - 1 Like   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
That bulleit needs some sloe, a vanilla pod, a cinnamon stick, 6 table spoons of sugar, and 6 months. My sloe though for the evening.....

Stick an nd infront of your pinhole, and they should be done at about the same time....
08-04-2014, 04:13 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yes, it's pretty comfortable here at the end of the upgrade path...

Chris
08-04-2014, 04:20 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by robthebloke Quote
Stick an nd infront of your pinhole
Hahahaha - that needs to become some sort of colloquialism for "hey buddy, slow (sloe?) down a minute".

QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
Hear hear!

08-04-2014, 04:27 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Sloe berries (fruit of the blackthorn), normally used to make sloe gin. Sloe bourbon however, much better imo...
08-05-2014, 02:21 AM - 1 Like   #6
Veteran Member

I like the film sections (and the film photography scene) more than the digital for the same reasons.

No brand snobbery, no equipment snobbery, no wishing you had more megapixels or whatever.

Plus, I find my film shots are always better than my digital ones. I think it's the mindset, with film I slow down and think before each shot, digital has the bad habit of encouraging many shots until one sticks.

that, and I can get a brilliant film camera and lenses etc for under $100.
08-05-2014, 07:11 AM - 1 Like   #7
Veteran Member

Yes it is cozy here...

08-05-2014, 11:38 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Definitely one of my favorite photo forums. This film forum has great dialogue, and a great group of people.
08-05-2014, 02:36 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yep me too, the "Pentax Film SLR Discussion" section is what I spend most of my time in.

Phil.
08-05-2014, 04:05 PM   #10

I get way more inspiration from the film folks here then in any digital photo sharing arena. Cozy little analogue home is true!
08-05-2014, 04:45 PM   #11
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Yep. I remember the days when my primary concern was what sensor would work best for the situation; Plus-X or Tri-X.
08-06-2014, 08:32 AM   #12
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote

Chris
I am going to have to remember that line. Excellent!

Steve
08-06-2014, 10:52 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
I am going to have to remember that line. Excellent!

Steve
Indeed!
08-06-2014, 02:54 PM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Speaking of analog, I just recently had my cassette deck CLAed. So I’m back making compilations/mixed tapes of my vinyl collection! I gave up doing CD versions, as it just didn’t seem right digitalizing analog music. Also its way more fun using a cassette deck, the only issue is finding new good quality blank cassette tapes. Most of the TDK tapes I used to buy have been discontinued, so I have to find NOS ones on eBay.

Phil.
08-06-2014, 04:29 PM   #15
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
Speaking of analog, I just recently had my cassette deck CLAed. So I’m back making compilations/mixed tapes of my vinyl collection! I gave up doing CD versions, as it just didn’t seem right digitalizing analog music. Also its way more fun using a cassette deck, the only issue is finding new good quality blank cassette tapes. Most of the TDK tapes I used to buy have been discontinued, so I have to find NOS ones on eBay.

Phil.

Cool! I never would have guessed new/NOS cassettes could still be found. This reminds me of my army days when I was stationed in Germany (1977-1979). Every payday, for a good number of paydays, my barracks roommate and I took turns: one of us bought several albums and a few bottles of coke, and the other would buy blank cassettes and a bottle of Bacardi. Then we listened, taped, and indulged all weekend. I came back to the states with three boxes of recorded cassettes. I still have those cassettes - haven't play them in years, but the X got the vinyl.

cheers!
Fred