Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-08-2008, 11:28 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
K2 Metering Not Functioning.....

Bought off eBay, everything is kosher except the metering; I bought new replacement batteries (Energizer 357/303 1.55v silver oxide type) and meter still does not work. This may sound like a dumb question, but does the camera need film loaded for this K2 to operate its metering?? The camera is all manual functioning and dry fires just fine without film loaded. I am trying to rule out everything before I send it in to Eric for a more closer look, etc.

Any advice??

Thanks

05-08-2008, 12:05 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Mine had the infamous Black Copper Rot syndrome, where, over time, the copper wire leading from the batteries to the meter in the body has turned black through a process not fully understood by science.

Basically, the meter's receiving no power, and I'd bet a buck to a billion that's the cause. But I won't, so I'll simply recommend that tentatively.

If you can get it apart and are handy with a soldering iron, it should be no problem to fix.

It mightn't be the problem, or even the only problem, but it's the best place to start before you start looking for spare resistors and winding coils for the meter.
05-08-2008, 12:25 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Lithos,

Thanks this would explain that issue if that is the case. I'll start here.

Thank you.
05-08-2008, 01:04 PM   #4
Banned

no, the camera does not need film for the meter to work.