Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-18-2008, 12:16 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Chris,

KEH does not miss much. In my purchases with them, I have found that there is always a reason for the grade. Overall, they are quite conservative in their grading, and I patronize them because I know that the item's condition will always be as advertised or slightly better.

Regards,
Glen

01-25-2009, 11:17 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
I have never been swayed by the canikon thank god. my dad owned a minolta SLR when I was a kid but that got stolen, he replaced it with an Asahi Pentax KX, and when I first got into photography Pentax was the first (truthfully the only) cameras I considered. we are getting there with DSLR's after jumping into the game late but I wholeheartedly agree with you pentax film cameras are second to none. Im always on the defensive, 'defending' my view that my MX is just as good as any leicaphiles M6 for street photography. its smaller, cheaper cost (by far) and just as good quality especially when paired with pretty much any pentax prime lens. (particularly a takumar as we all know how much the canikons love our takumars) but I suppose its ok being the 'underdog' as well.
Are the takumars easy to use on Canon and Nikon ?
01-26-2009, 01:08 PM   #18
Pentaxian

Takumars (all M42s, for that matter) won't reach infinity on Nikon.

On Canons, they work just like on a Pentax body. I'm looking at a print made with my old SMC 135/3.5 and Canon 300D...great colors. Nothing enhances a mediocre sensor like a quality lens
01-26-2009, 03:02 PM   #19
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonson PL Quote
Are the takumars easy to use on Canon and Nikon ?

not as easy as Pentax. there are some mirror clearance issues with some lenses (I have heard about people having to 'shave' mirrors on their 5D's.) I don't know about nikon. I believe you have to have an m42 adapter for canon bodies that has a focus confirmation chip on it to have use of that but again cant say for sure. this may also be the case for nikon bodies. all I do know is that its easier to use Takumars on canon bodies than nikon bodies.

01-26-2009, 04:17 PM   #20
Pentaxian

The Canon crop bodies don't have an issue with any lenses...the 5D does with the Tak 50/1.4 for example.

One doesn't need an AF confirm chip...they aren't 100% accurate just like our focus confirms. My old M42 to EOS adapter looked just like the cheap flanged M42 to K adapters...worked just fine, focused to infinity and not past.