Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-09-2008, 04:33 PM   #1
Site Supporter

My black MX now has a sibling

I just bought a beautiful black ME from KEH - EX condition but it looks brand new!
Its flawless deep black finish is so glossy, it looks like a hot rod.

I usually use manual exposure cameras, but sometimes I like the simplicity of the original ME...

Chris

Last edited by ChrisPlatt; 05-18-2008 at 10:19 AM.
05-09-2008, 04:43 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Where are the pictures? Want to see them to bring back the memories.
05-10-2008, 05:46 AM   #3
Banned

I have seriously been considering replacing mine with a black one. it would look good lined up next to my superA and my K110D. that would only leave my K1000 being the odd camera out.

05-15-2008, 06:31 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Congratulations on your purchase, Chris. I have been away from Pentax equipment for a while, but am glad to be back now. I came back because I noticed how nice some of my shots were with the ZX-M/A 50/2 setup I had. I have another ZX-M on the way...and a Spotmatic F, too. I am excited about my photographic future. I know the ZX-M "inside and out," but I have wanted a Spotmatic for a couple of years, and am glad to have found one.

With regard to the photo above: A green K1000? I have never seen one of these...

Regards,
Glen

05-15-2008, 06:36 AM   #5
Banned

QuoteQuote:
With regard to the photo above: A green K1000? I have never seen one of these...
it has a custom leather panel to replace the original leatherette, it was purchased from a fellow forum member here in the marketplace. if you are interested in maybe doing a little customization you can check out their website. I have thought about recovering my MX.

CameraLeather.com Custom camera leather and leatherette
05-15-2008, 10:13 AM   #6
Veteran Member

I thank you for the explanation, seamuis. It is a spiffy looking K1000.
05-15-2008, 11:34 AM   #7
Banned

spiffy indeed, and likely to stay that way as it doesn't get much use.
05-15-2008, 11:41 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Not much use? Why not?

05-15-2008, 11:46 AM   #9
Banned

because it competes against an MX and a superA to get my ILFORD thats why. its a lovely camera and I adore it to bits but my other two SLR's are just better in the ways I need them to be better (if that makes any sense) I wont sell it though because its unique (for a K1000) and every time I do use it I get allot of comments on it. I really love it when a canikon looks twice, makes my day.
05-15-2008, 11:57 AM   #10
Veteran Member

I know what you mean about the NiCan crowd

I had thought the grass was greener elsewhere, but found out that there is more color and sharpness on the Pentax lawn. Now I just need to sell off a couple more N products so that I may have more Pentax gear. I think Pentax film gear is second to none. I cannot speak for digital, as it does not interest me.
05-15-2008, 12:08 PM   #11
Banned

I have never been swayed by the canikon thank god. my dad owned a minolta SLR when I was a kid but that got stolen, he replaced it with an Asahi Pentax KX, and when I first got into photography Pentax was the first (truthfully the only) cameras I considered. we are getting there with DSLR's after jumping into the game late but I wholeheartedly agree with you pentax film cameras are second to none. Im always on the defensive, 'defending' my view that my MX is just as good as any leicaphiles M6 for street photography. its smaller, cheaper cost (by far) and just as good quality especially when paired with pretty much any pentax prime lens. (particularly a takumar as we all know how much the canikons love our takumars) but I suppose its ok being the 'underdog' as well.
05-15-2008, 12:25 PM   #12
Veteran Member

I wholeheartedly agree.

I just love underdogs...I wish they would always win...but then they would not be underdogs.

Indeed, Pentax film cameras are underdogs...or hidden treasures.

Hmm...a ZX-M and Spotmatic F on the way...which will I hunt next? Well, I better not get carried away, as I have a few SMC Takumars to buy. I get one with the SP-F (a SMC 55/1.8), and I have two on reserve at KEH, a 35/3.5 and another 55/1.8--I liked the price and condition, and so I thought a duplicate copy could not hurt

I forgot to add: I also found a Vivitar 28/2.5 (Kiron) for mere pennies.
05-15-2008, 12:48 PM   #13
Banned

just make sure to get your takumars before the canikons do. they already spend allot of money for there own lenses so the price of our takumars are pocket change to them im sure. I wish I could see a canikon using a takumar one day, it would sure be something. I think I would simply make sure my pentax is in good sight and say 'you know, we don't have adapters for your lenses, why do you think that is?' boy would that make my day. I wonder if they even know that the Asahi Optical Co. is Pentax?
05-15-2008, 01:26 PM   #14
Veteran Member

What a scenario. It would certainly be interesting. I doubt that many of the NiCans (or conned-Niks) know what Asahi Optical Co. means.
05-18-2008, 10:18 AM   #15
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Good news - I found one tiny nick.
There's a tiny chip right at the peak of the pentaprism cover.
What a relief! I was afraid this one was gonna be too nice to use...

Chris