Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-22-2014, 05:28 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Please, celebrate me home.

Greetings,

Okay, I have an old school Asahi Spotmatic F. I love this old gal and would hate to part with it. My problem is, I believe my hotshoe has turned into a coldshoe. None of my Pentax flash units fire on this unit. Yes, I have cleaned both the hotshoe on the camera and the connectors on the flash base. Yes, I have used the shutter speed 60X sync and no dice. My Pentax flash units work perfectly on all my other Pentax cameras. Now, the camera has two female receptors just next to the lens for wire connections, however, my flash units do not.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Tony

09-22-2014, 09:39 PM   #2

You should contact the great, amazing Eric. He's done wonders for me, including fixing and shipping an ME Super mas rapido for a Christmas delivery on trust. So what I'm saying is he does great work and he truly cares about the work he does and the people he's doing it for.

His site: Contact Us
09-26-2014, 09:45 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Check tightening the screws holding the flash mount. They are below a metal cover. This worked for me on one of my Fs.