Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-19-2008, 02:56 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What seems centuries ago now, i learned to load the camera by first "bending "the film leader some 90 degrees.
Then putting it inside the slit of the Spotmatic, then pulling the cassete to its compartment and then advancing the film once or twice.

I do not know if this makes sense in written and not in real life, but it works very well

I think there is a loading film video in youtube, it was for a Nikon FM but it will be more or less the same.

05-19-2008, 12:27 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Original Poster
What an excellent idea. I once manually unloaded some film from a camera (the counter was still on "1"), and I noticed exactly what you have said: the film had a 90-degree bend in it, obviously formed by the spool. Indeed, why not just make your own bend, and simplify loading?
01-25-2009, 11:07 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Thanks for the info in the thread. I'm about to buy an older manual film cam as well. Haven't used one in ages, and was concerned with how I would find it. (Particularly now that I primarily shoot digital). Good to have this thread to fall back on. This film forum is so much fun