Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-17-2008, 06:53 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Half Case for Spotmatic F?

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

I received my Spotmatic F, and am impressed with it. About the only thing I miss (in comparison to a more modern camera) is a grip. Does anyone make a reasonably priced half case for this camera? I have seen some fancy leather ones, but they go for insane prices (like $200, I believe). Any ideas?

05-18-2008, 05:41 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Look for a nice original Pentax brand eveready case for the Spotmatic series.
Many of these have held up quite well and they're very reasonably priced on eBay.

The top cover can be easily removed and the bottom used as a "half case".

Chris
05-18-2008, 06:02 AM   #3
Banned

your not going to get anything that wil add any 'meat' like a grip but I concur with the asahi pentax everready case, I have one on my K1000, and its great. they are always on ebay. its distinguishable by the old asahi pentax logo on the right side of the top piece. I got mine for $20

here is one that ends in 9 hours, its just like mine. Genuine Leather ASAHI PENTAX Fitted Case Excellent+ NR - eBay (item 290229943688 end time May-18-08 15:57:00 PDT)
05-18-2008, 01:38 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Grip for Spotmatic F?????

I have two Spotmatics, a Spotmatic F, an H1 and an SV.

They are just about the most ergonomically pleasing cameras I have ever held. Back in the sixties, Pentax had an advertising campaign that said something like "Just hold a Pentax". That says it all.

I have used my brother's D200 with optional battery grip, so I know what one feels like. It is sure nice to have the shutter release on the grip, when shooting in portrait orientation.

I have a K10D, without the grip. I'm not sure I want one.

I definitely don't want one for the Spotmatics. They feel just about perfect to me, just as they are. Sometimes I take one down from the shelf, just to hold it.

The only thing that ever approached a modern grip for the Spotmatics was the motor drive. However, unlike newer cameras, it couldn't be used on just any Spotmatic. It had to be a specific "Motor Drive Spotmatic". Honeywell could convert a normal one to motor drive, but, of course, they no longer offer that service.

YMMV, of course.

Paul Noble

05-19-2008, 12:58 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Indeed, Paul, the Spotmatic F has a great feel. Now that I have handled it some more, I can see what you mean. I won the case mentioned by seamuis (above). I think the bottom half will only help...and prevent some wear, too.
05-19-2008, 01:15 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
i have a Spotmatic SP2 and it buse fell good in hand yep if you in a suation where you need to defind your self you could use it as a wepen then photo the person on the ground after LOL