Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
11-24-2014, 04:29 AM   #61
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by LesDMess Quote
Thanks! But a lot can go right so it all depends if you are a half full or half empty type. This one was >40minutes using aperture priority with the LX of a night shot of Hoover Dam on Kodak Ektar 100.
*snip*
...a dam is sure more stable than boats rolling on the waves...
Terrific pictures.

11-25-2014, 05:04 PM   #62
IHS

I use the 2 sec. timer on my K50 which as mentioned dis-engages the SR. (with a tri-pod of course) I honestly can't tell the difference from when I use a tripod and my remote. For some reason it wont let you use both. I'm sniffing around for a SLR with MLU to see how I like that. I'm not excited about the results so far of my SLRs with just a tripod and a remote. Hopefully the MLU will help out.
11-25-2014, 07:12 PM   #63
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My K1000 is my go anywhere, shoot anything, anytime, camera. I absolutely love it and have never noticed that the meter is any more or less accurate than anything else I use. Leica basically has the same metering system but they want a lot more money for it.

But, if I want the best photograph I can get. If I intend to try and enlarge that postage stamp 35mm frame to something large enough to stop people in their tracks. If it is important to ensure that the exposure is right even though I cannot continue metering the scene while the shutter is open. Then I use mirror lockup with my LX.

Which by the way, 44 years after its introduction, is still the finest professional 35mm film camera ever built by anyone.