Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-12-2014, 03:27 AM   #46
Pentaxian

Thanks, guys. I'll follow up on the info you gave me. On my Canons that take the wider PX625, I usually don't need to use a spacer because spring pressure is enough to keep the battery centered and making good contact. Will that be the same here? If not, I can use an o-ring or a snip of some automotive 20ga wire made into a ring to act as a spacer. I've done this with the 675s where it mattered.

12-12-2014, 05:00 AM   #47

I think some sort of spacer is probably a good idea, but as you say a rubber O-ring will do the job. I've even seen a strip of foam rolled around the edge of the battery before now.
12-17-2014, 12:00 PM   #48

I recently resurrected my father's SP Spotmatic, which has sparked a renewed interest in film. It has all the manuals, ppwk, etc, and written inside the front cover of the manual is the purchase date of January 2nd, 1971. I don't know if that makes it old new stock or what, because Ithought that model was discontinued in 1967. Regardless, it was purchased in Brussels, Belgium, where we lived for 3 years, so it is branded as an Asahi Pentax.

The kit also has a barely-used Asahi flash and “cold shoe” adapter that mounts on the viewfinder, a Super-Tak 50mm f/1.4 lens, a Toyo 75-200mm f/4.5 zoom and a 2X teleconverter. The camera itself is in remarkable condition, lightly used for a period of years and then stowed in its case for a long time.Since I got the battery situation sorted out, it's been up and running.

Amazingly, a long time co-worker of mine was also a Pentax fan when he was younger, but his Spotmatic II was stolen some years ago leaving him with a camera-less kit. Last week he sold me his Tak 28mm f/2.8 and 300mm f4 lenses,along with a cable release, a lens magnifier and some other bits for $150, all in excellent condition. So, in the span of about a week, I have a pretty complete 35mm SLR kit consisting of a classic body and some outstanding optics.There’s also a lot of old photos floating around the family of me and my brother as kids, so there’s some nice history there. The camera works great.

So, my DSLR’s are on the shelf for a while! I’ll post pics when I get thechance.
12-17-2014, 06:25 PM   #49
Pentaxian

3in5, sounds like your friend gave you a good price for the kit he sold you, prices for the old Pentax M42 gear being what it is these days. Especially that 300mm f/4.

12-17-2014, 06:40 PM   #50
IHS

QuoteOriginally posted by cooltouch Quote
Especially that 300mm f/4.
Amen to that... That's one of the lenses I've been tracking for a while and sheesh...Congrats! You got a great deal.
12-19-2014, 01:58 PM   #51

QuoteOriginally posted by cooltouch Quote
3in5, sounds like your friend gave you a good pricefor the kit he sold you, prices for the old Pentax M42 gear being what it isthese days. Especially that 300mm f/4.

QuoteOriginally posted by IHS Quote
Amen to that...
QuoteOriginally posted by IHS Quote
That's one of the lenses I've been tracking for a while and sheesh...Congrats! You got a great deal.
Thanks. I'm happy with the deal and the lenses are very well cared for, which is always nice, especially 40 year old gear. I've known the guy for over20 years. Just one of those fortuitous situations that comes along every now and again.