Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-14-2014, 05:43 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Thanks!! I'll actually get a Marketplace thread together tonight.

I'll be there a lot in coming weeks.
Hey

Reducing Your "Stock"?

Regards
Baard-Einar.

12-14-2014, 06:35 AM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Baard-Einar Quote
Hey

Reducing Your "Stock"?

Regards
Baard-Einar.
Looking at them on a shelf just doesn't excite any more - and there are too many to use.
12-14-2014, 07:50 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Looking at them on a shelf just doesn't excite any more - and there are too many to use.
I stash them all around the house, so there's always a KX within easy reach!

Chris
12-14-2014, 10:44 AM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
I stash them all around the house, so there's always a KX within easy reach!

Chris
Well, 2 KX's (matte and split-prism), 1 MX and an Olympus XA seems like enough, I guess.

Besides, why not let some other lucky fool enjoy one of Eric's resurrected beauties for a few years?

12-14-2014, 04:53 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Well, 2 KX's (matte and split-prism)
Got a question for you -- your KX with a matte screen -- is that a true matte screen or is it the screen with the small microprism circle in the center? I have that one, and wouldn't mind having a plain matte screen, to be honest, but I didn't know they were interchangeable, or that a plain matte one was ever offered.
12-14-2014, 08:10 PM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by cooltouch Quote
Got a question for you -- your KX with a matte screen -- is that a true matte screen or is it the screen with the small microprism circle in the center? I have that one, and wouldn't mind having a plain matte screen, to be honest, but I didn't know they were interchangeable, or that a plain matte one was ever offered.
It has the microprism collar but I use the matte and the center point to focus.
12-14-2014, 09:31 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Keep an eye on KEH. I got a "bargain" KX for just barely over hundy. I would describe it as having character, some lovely brassing and its share of scratches (none going brass deep) but no dings or dents; a camera for shooters, not collectors.

12-14-2014, 10:36 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by AquaDome Quote
The KX is a really nice camera. I have four of them. I would not pay money for one with the damage you describe.
Scratches and dents in the metal are not unusual for an old camera, but that sounds like a mortal blow.
I second that. I am the proud owner of two black ones and with the exception of my SPII's they are two of the best film cameras I have ever had the pleasure of owning. I still like my SPII's just a little better, but they're definitely cameras I would not part with unless I had to. The KX is a little different, a little quirky, but I absolutely love the two I have and I am glad I got them. They're a lot of fun to shoot with. Goodwill Online is another good place to look for them. I've seen them in good shape on there several times now. I got mine there and I did not have to CLA them to use them though I did do the seals and that myself. I do plan on it eventually. I do want to get all of my SPII's, my SP-F and my KX's in tip top shape. I've had other priorities, mainly getting my WR digital kit in order for work, but sooner or later I'm going to start sending mine to Eric for tune ups....