Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-04-2014, 10:42 AM   #1

Which Spotmatic for the 8 Element Tak 50mm 1.4?

Hi, I have just bought the 8 element Super Tak 50mm 1.4 lens. I already have the 7 element version, which I use on my Spotmatic SP, but I have heard a rumour that the early 8 element version had a protruding rear element and that you have to use a modified spotie camera body (not received the 8 element lens yet by the way). Apparently the modified bodies have an Orange R on the film rewind dial, rather than the usual Green R. Not sure if I have this the right way round? Does anyone out there know if this is true? Also I have been using my Super Tak lenses on my ME Super too with an adapter. Can I use the 8 element version on this too? Any help/advice would be very appreciated. Regards, Chris

12-04-2014, 10:47 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
The Spotmatic is fine for the 8-element. It was released with the Spotmatic. Earlier screw mount bodies (like the SV) could have a problem.

QuoteQuote:
The SV came in an early and a late type. The latter has an orange 'R' on the rewind knob which tells that the camera can use the 50mm f/1.4 lens (which protudes farther into the camera than all other 50mm lenses)

Read more at: Pentax SV (H3v) - Pentax M42 Screwmount Film SLRs - Pentax Camera Reviews and Specifications
12-04-2014, 10:53 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by csg1473 Quote
Hi, I have just bought the 8 element Super Tak 50mm 1.4 lens. I already have the 7 element version, which I use on my Spotmatic SP, but I have heard a rumour that the early 8 element version had a protruding rear element and that you have to use a modified spotie camera body (not received the 8 element lens yet by the way). Apparently the modified bodies have an Orange R on the film rewind dial, rather than the usual Green R. Not sure if I have this the right way round? Does anyone out there know if this is true? Also I have been using my Super Tak lenses on my ME Super too with an adapter. Can I use the 8 element version on this too? Any help/advice would be very appreciated. Regards, Chris
HI Thanks for the info, I must have read something like this and gotten confused...I'm living proof that 'a little knowledge is a dangerous thing'. Chris