Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-08-2014, 11:25 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
MESuper winding but not cocking shutter

I have both a MESuper and a P30 that are suffering form the same problem, the film will wind a few times without cocking the shutter and after it does it once, it works for a while, and after the camera is at rest for a few hours it goes back at the same issue

I know this has been asked before, and that the solution is not too hard... BUT Anyone can point me in the right way to fix this?

I tried the solution of resetting the camera, and the KYPhoto solution but those worked for less than 24h

12-08-2014, 12:55 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
At Kyphoto says:

QuoteQuote:
A. The main cocking lever isn’t being stroked far enough during cocking because the lever that pushes the main cocking stub has bent over time. This lever is fairly thin and can bend easily. This lever is pointed out in a previous photo.

To bend it back in place remove the slide mechanism under the bottom cover. Only three screws hold it. It comes off cleanly. There are previous photos showing this mechanism both on and off. The part that usually bends is the section closest to the stub itself.
Anyone has seen a pic on how to take this one appart?