Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-25-2008, 07:24 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Any chance can I find an eyecup for my SuperPROGRAM? I've been looking around but couldn't find one. None of this camera or ProgramA ever came w/ one as far as I can tell, not even w/ a brand new ProgramA my friend just bought (old stock from a local shop)

Saw some third party ones selling on eBay, but those don't really look nice for such a beautiful camera. Would be great if I could locate an original one ...

05-25-2008, 07:49 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Eyecup for SuperProgram

QuoteOriginally posted by frank Quote
Any chance can I find an eyecup for my SuperPROGRAM? I've been looking around but couldn't find one. None of this camera or ProgramA ever came w/ one as far as I can tell, not even w/ a brand new ProgramA my friend just bought (old stock from a local shop)

Saw some third party ones selling on eBay, but those don't really look nice for such a beautiful camera. Would be great if I could locate an original one ...
Frank: I have a 1978 dealer catalog that had some pages added through 1982. I think your camera would use the Eyecup M, catalog number 30086.

Boz has a photo on his website identical to the one in my book. Look under focusing aids.

Pentax Focusing Aids

I don't have any in my bits bag - it's getting pretty thin.
05-25-2008, 08:29 PM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Frank: I have a 1978 dealer catalog that had some pages added through 1982. I think your camera would use the Eyecup M, catalog number 30086.

Boz has a photo on his website identical to the one in my book. Look under focusing aids.

Pentax Focusing Aids

Thanks Paul for the info. That one doesn't look nice on a small camera like MX or SuperA imo I think I'd keep the camera as is for now. Thanks anyway
05-26-2008, 07:38 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The M series eyepiece is slightly wider than that on the SP-F.
The Canon A-series eyecup will fit with some minor trimming.

Chris

05-28-2008, 09:56 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Hey, Chris: I bought the Canon eyecup you had suggested. I suppose we "eyecup poor" Pentaxians will have to deface or Spot Fs with the Canon name

Thanks again,
Glen
05-28-2008, 02:27 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just keep it under your hat - a Pentax hat, that is!

Chris
10-18-2015, 12:23 AM   #22
Forum Member

Hello guys, I'm sorry for reviving this old post but it was better than create a new post for previously discussed topics. I looked through google and the search box here and did not find exactly what I was looking for...

A few days ago I read that someone mentioned using a Pentax DSLR eyecup in a LX... could you please remind me which one is it? is it the one for the K10?

Thanks!

10-18-2015, 03:13 AM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
I just tried an OEM Canon A series (AE-1 etc.) eyecup on my SP-F and it fits perfectly.
It is all rubber - no metal to scratch or glass to add reflections.
These are cheap and easy to find...

Chris

I confirm the Canon square eyecup is the best solution for the Spottie: it's made of sof rubber, very supple, it fits inside the case and it's pleasant to use.

I also have the original Pentax metal frame eyecup, it's very well made, with some foam on the top to stop it sliding down, BUT it slightly vignettes the viewfinder, so I don't use it very often. Plus, of course it doesn't fit inside the case.

Once I bought one of these cheap metal frame eyecups on ebay, they are made of thin sheetmetal, the rubber detaches very easily, the lugs scratched the finder of my LX, stay away from them.

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote

Pentax Focusing Aids

The M cup only fits my Super A, its wide for the K cameras and for my LX as well, I lost many of them.
10-18-2015, 11:10 AM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The Spotmatic/K Series all rubber eye-cup are the same size and work on any of these camera viewfinders.

When the first M Series bodies were introduced in 1976, the viewfinder opening was bigger and a new all rubber "M" eye-cup was introduced.

So the all rubber "M" eye-cup will work on any M Series or newer body.

Phil.
10-19-2015, 11:02 PM   #25
Forum Member

And which one do you advise for the LX?
10-20-2015, 10:06 AM   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by JuanEstrada Quote
And which one do you advise for the LX?
Use the all rubber "M" eye-cup for the LX.

here's some on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pentax-Japan-M-30086-Eyecup-M-/371439877642?hash=ite...UAAOSweW5VNJgS

Pentax Eyecup M | eBay

Phil.
10-20-2015, 11:08 AM   #27
Veteran Member

I tried the M cup on the LX and it's loose, lost once but fortunately I found it on the ground.
10-20-2015, 11:21 AM   #28
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Cuthbert Quote
I tried the M cup on the LX and it's loose, lost once but fortunately I found it on the ground.
You have to align the eye-cup so that it locks into place over the indentation around the viewfinder window. (The Asahi Pentax lettering is on the top)

If you don't it will fall off, this is the same for the K series eye-cup.

Is your eye-cup all rubber and have "M" on it?

I bought the "M" series eye-cup for my LX, Super A and P5 and it works fine when attached correctly. (Yes it does take a bit of effort to get it snapped into place, but once on it does not fall off)

Phil.
10-20-2015, 11:26 AM   #29
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
You have to align the eye-cup so that it locks into place over the indentation around the viewfinder window. (The Asahi Pentax lettering is on the top)

If you don't it will fall off, this is the same for the K series eye-cup.

Is your eye-cup all rubber and have "M" on it?

I bought the "M" series eye-cup for my LX, Super A and P5 and it works fine when attached correctly. (Yes it does take a bit of effort to get it snapped into place, but once on it does not fall off)

Phil.

Yes it's an M bought brand new in box...it doesn't work BUT the Spotmatic framed one does. Now the M eyecup is on the Super A, it's a good fit on that camera.
10-20-2015, 12:44 PM   #30
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Cuthbert Quote
Yes it's an M bought brand new in box...it doesn't work BUT the Spotmatic framed one does. Now the M eyecup is on the Super A, it's a good fit on that camera.
What viewfinder do you have on your LX, I'm using the standard FA-1?

Does your eye-cup have an "M" on it, I've seen some mixed up packaging over the years?

Phil.