Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-13-2014, 05:51 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
First roll of film in decades!

This evening I finished up my first roll of film (Tri-X) in decades in my new-to-me Pentax ME Super. It was my first roll of film ever in a Pentax, and my first time ever shooting aperture priority (whole roll) in a film camera. Just a test roll taken around the house (mostly of the dogs). It was great to get back into 35mm film shooting. Hopefully, the light seals were still good enough to not ruin the film. Focusing the lens wasn't as easy as I remember it being with Nikkor lenses, but then again, my eyes aren't nearly what they were the last time I did film photography! On the plus side, the ME Super is much smaller and lighter than the old Nikons.

Now that I have my first cartridge of exposed film I guess I now have more urgency in getting a developing tank and some chemicals. Maybe if Santa remembers how good I've been all year...

12-13-2014, 06:33 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Show the results here or it never happened! :P
12-13-2014, 07:09 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
ME Super was my first SLR, and I still have it. I still shoot film thru it (had it overhauled last year), and I agree, it's a blast. I develop my own film, Have two rolls waiting to be done as of yesterday. I think I have an old post about the stuff I bought for processing my own film. Do a search if you're interested.
12-14-2014, 11:30 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Finishing a roll feels pretty good, doesn't it? It's like the second half of the journey for the film starts. I think the contrast between a SD card running out of space and a roll of film being finished is interesting. One is a source of frustration and the other is joyful. Yet both denote the same requirement to keep shooting - insert new media.