Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-23-2015, 07:54 AM - 1 Like   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I wrote a program (PC only) that you might find useful. If you have downloaded and installed EXIFTool (ExifTool by Phil Harvey)
you know it's a command-line program to add or update EXIF info. I've created a GUI that you can link with the EXIFTool program and batch-update a folder of files. So if you scan, you can update all the files in a folder with whatever camera info you want. There's a brief explanation of it at:

Wolfeye Photography - Instructions to use EXIFtoolGUI

And you can install it from:

ExifToolGUI

Here's a screen shot of the user interface:

I use it after every roll of film I scan. It lets you choose a directory, and define a (rough) time interval you want to stamp your shots with. So if you shot a roll on December 12th 2014, you'd set that as the date. Say you shot a 36 exp roll between noon and 4pm. Set the interval minutes to 7 or so and start time to noon, and you'll get all your shots spaced 7 minutes apart starting at noon. Didn't shoot them all on the same day? You can go in and choose ones to update all by themselves.

I wrote it, I use it, I like it. YMMV

Last edited by Wolfeye; 01-23-2015 at 08:03 AM.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, cameras, data, disc, exif, film, film cameras, lens, metadata, type