Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-02-2015, 10:55 AM   #1
Veteran Member
peterjcb's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Weddington, NC
Posts: 468
K1000

I'm not waiting for FF anymore...I just picked up and old K1000 to finally get a proper perspective of many of my FF lenses....
It should be kind of fun to shoot a roll of B&W but this time I'll leave the developing to the photo lab....

01-02-2015, 01:06 PM   #2
Pentaxian
Rimfiredude's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Washington
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,172
I wish they would hurry up with a FF so hopefully the price of a K3 would come down.
01-02-2015, 01:47 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster
Adam's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Arizona
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 40,944
QuoteOriginally posted by Rimfiredude Quote
I wish they would hurry up with a FF so hopefully the price of a K3 would come down.
It's already selling at close to half the original price!!

But yup, I wish they'd hurry it up. If they expect to continue selling products to the old fashioned crowd they had better come up with a FF camera.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)



PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

01-02-2015, 02:39 PM   #4
Veteran Member
peterjcb's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Weddington, NC
Posts: 468
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rimfiredude Quote
I wish they would hurry up with a FF so hopefully the price of a K3 would come down.
...you mean you haven't noticed the price of the K-3 dropping like a rock lately?
I'm a little late posting this. I thought I got a deal at $620...apparently it will always go lower...
Pentax K 3 23 4 MP Digital SLR Camera Black Body Only | eBay

01-02-2015, 04:26 PM   #5
Pentaxian
Rimfiredude's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Washington
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,172
QuoteOriginally posted by peterjcb Quote
...you mean you haven't noticed the price of the K-3 dropping like a rock lately?
I'm a little late posting this. I thought I got a deal at $620...apparently it will always go lower...
Pentax K 3 23 4 MP Digital SLR Camera Black Body Only | eBay
I am waiting for under $600.
01-02-2015, 06:23 PM   #6
Site Supporter
ChrisPlatt's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Queens NYC
Posts: 4,423
K-3 thread in K1000 clothing

Did I accidentally open one of the DSLR forums?

Chris
01-02-2015, 11:43 PM   #7
Site Supporter
gofour3's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 5,115
QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
Did I accidentally open one of the DSLR forums?

Chris
Cross Processing!

Phil.
01-26-2015, 11:06 AM   #8
STM
New Member




Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 1
The Pentax K1000 was a very basic one but one that was very well built and got the job done.

01-31-2015, 04:10 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Pioneer's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Elko, Nevada
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,167
My trusty K1000 and my Optiscan 7600 ai cost me a whole lot less then any full frame digital camera and provides me with awesome results. Since film is still available I really am not too worried about Pentax producing a full frame digital.

Obviously I am using this equipment for personal work, but if I had to have full frame digital for professional work (although I am not certain why) I would probably have a Nikon or Canon. Much better rental options for big lenses.
01-31-2015, 04:58 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
AquaDome's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: New Carlisle, IN
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,397
The K1000 is a very easy camera to get used to. Enjoy!
02-01-2015, 03:25 PM   #11
Pentaxian
titrisol's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: In the most populated state... state of denial
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,094
Have fun.... on the way try picking an MX, or a KX
Those are much more fun than the K1000
02-02-2015, 04:35 PM   #12
Senior Member




Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 240
I went digital kicking and screaming. That has been about ten years ago. I went downtown looking for slide film a few weeks ago. None anywhere! Costco no longer processes the exposed slide film. I could not find a single photo shop that did (Several have recently gone out of biz.)
I still have my stable of Pentax film cameras and a few Minoltas and a Canon or two. Is film photography dead? I still enjoy showing my old collection of slides!

So what gives with film? Does it have any future?

BTW: I bought a battery for my K1000 planning to take some slides for a project...I still have the battery...if I could only get some slide film and find someone to process it.
02-02-2015, 05:44 PM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
AquaDome's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: New Carlisle, IN
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,397
QuoteOriginally posted by stepmac Quote
I went digital kicking and screaming. That has been about ten years ago. I went downtown looking for slide film a few weeks ago. None anywhere! Costco no longer processes the exposed slide film. I could not find a single photo shop that did (Several have recently gone out of biz.)
I still have my stable of Pentax film cameras and a few Minoltas and a Canon or two. Is film photography dead? I still enjoy showing my old collection of slides!

So what gives with film? Does it have any future?

BTW: I bought a battery for my K1000 planning to take some slides for a project...I still have the battery...if I could only get some slide film and find someone to process it.
I buy film from B&H and then mail it to The Darkroom for processing. The final cost is around $1 per shot for a 135x36 roll of Fuji Velvia. C-41 process film (color negative) is about half the cost per click. My 6x9 slides (8 on a 120 roll) cost about $3 each. If I run a 220 roll of Velvia 50 through the 645 (32 slides, 6 x 4.5 cm), I can get it down to about $1.25 per image.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, dslr, ff, k1000, photography
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
K1000 mirror issues greek_pentaxian Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 7 04-11-2014 01:43 PM
K1000 se Jimmy F Welcomes and Introductions 6 12-29-2013 02:48 PM
Pentax k1000 Borjoyzee Pentax Film SLR Discussion 6 11-08-2013 06:12 PM
K1000 disassembly PENTAXY Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 3 08-28-2013 02:36 PM
My K1000 experience!!! drumhead Pentax Film SLR Discussion 4 01-19-2013 03:58 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:21 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top